Does anyone really like pumpkin pie?

Options
catscats222
catscats222 Posts: 1,598 Member
edited November 2015 in Recipes
Last year, I made it. Someone else bought one from a store.
Both sat untouched. 25+ people.
There was another dessert of cookies and brownie sort of pie, one pecan pie.

Only 1 piece of pumpkin pie was touched.
No one really likes pumpkin pie, do they?

Replies

• tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. With whip cream on top.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm baking around 35 in the next 2 weeks. Sure hope someone likes them . . .
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    praline pumpkin pie with homemade crust and whipped cream .. omg its really goooood
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I do, but its far from my favorite, and not one other person in my family will touch it, anyway. So it just doesn't get made in my house. I live with a bunch of freaks, though. They also won't eat any kind of baked fruit pie. Its strictly cream pies or pecan, or an nice single-serve mini-pie for me.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It isn't my favorite pie but I don't dislike pumpkin pie. I prefer it with whipped cream.
    In my family, people have always eaten pumpkin pie and seem to enjoy it well enough.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Last year, I made it. Someone else bought one from a store.
    Both sat untouched. 25+ people.
    There was another dessert of cookies and brownie sort of pie, one pecan pie.

Only 1 piece of pumpkin pie was touched.
    No one really likes pumpkin pie, do they?

ADORE pumpkin pie. Eat it when it's NOT Thanksgiving. :)
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie is the only kind of pie I do like. It's delicious. Your peeps must be weird.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    At a gathering, if there is a choice that's really easy to make that I do all the time myself, I will choose the more unusual option I'm not likely to make myself. I make awesome pumpkin pie so I'm not usually tempted by others' versions. Don't speak against the pumpkin pie! ;)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie >> all other desserts. It's a shame it's only made at this time of year.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Most people and stores use waaaaaaaay too much nutmeg.

Mrs. Smith, on the other hand? With Cool Whip?

74a544f4.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    pumpkin pie is one of the only kind of pies i will eat. i like custards too..that's about it. i like pumpkin pie as it isn't as sweet as many other pies and deserts. i don't really have a sweet tooth so i'm not big on many typical desert items.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    three out of four at my house like pumpkin pie. With whipped cream of course
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese pumpkin pie is my favorite. My aunt makes it specifically for me to take home a few extra pieces. :holds head in shame: lol
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I love it with whipped cream! Thanksgiving is the only time we ever have it, so it is a huge treat. But I much prefer it cold as opposed to warm or room temperature.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yeah but if it's just straight up pumpkin pie and there are other dessert options I don't see as often, I would choose the less common stuff. If the pumpkin pie was fancy, I would probably go for that.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Homemade pumpkin pie is one of my favorites, with fresh whipped cream. The spicier, the better...