Detox

What is a good detox anybody know?? I want to loose weight and want to detox for a few days before I start

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Water.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Unless you have a medical problem that has compromised your body's natural ability to remove toxins, you don't need a detox and it won't do anything useful for you. If your organs are compromised, you should be seeking immediate medical attention.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    There is no good detox. Just lower calories and eat healthy.
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    edited November 2015
    Detoxes are a fad that literally will just make you lose "weight" from pooping your guts out. Weight that you'll gain back once you start eating again. Just dive right into a lifestyle change. No detox needed. Your livers doing a good job at that already. ;)
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Please use the "search" option. This topic has been done...done...done
  • jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    ^^ These. The only "detox" I've ever done was for a certain medical exam.

I don't recommend it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Increased cardio exercise is a good way as it helps you expel waste through your lungs due to increased breathing rate. Also through increased sweating.
    Increase your fibre and water to help with regulatory.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    None. If you need to detox from drugs and/or alcohol it should be done by professionals in a medical setting. Any other type of detox is just a waste of time and or money. Total scams.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Edithfig wrote: »
    What is a good detox anybody know?? I want to loose weight and want to detox for a few days before I start

You want to lose weight -that's great! Good news - you can get started today, because there is nothing for you to detox!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

• MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    edited November 2015
    Schedule a colonoscopy lol. Seriously, you don't need a detox and most everything you will find that claims to be a detox is actually a laxative. Just start start your weight loss program, your liver and kidneys do the work for you :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    vodka...
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    What do you need to detox from?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    nothing
  • lbaxandall
    lbaxandall Posts: 62 Member
    I don't believe in "detoxes" but I do think you can help your body do its job! Milk Thistle does a great job of supporting the liver, water with lemon can help your kidneys. Garlic can support your heart. Chlorophyll is a great way to help rid your body of heavy metals and protect cells. Just a couple suggestions! :)