Nana-nicecream?!

Options
Courtneyyjune
Courtneyyjune Posts: 3 Member
Okay i have seen tons of recipes for banana nicecream. Does anyone have any they wanna share? I really wanna try it!

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    My mother has a machine called Yonanas. It makes delicious banana soft serve. The website has lots of ideas. I have seen people say they make it in a high speed blender or food processor. I personally have not tried it yet.
  • persimmonplace97
    persimmonplace97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love that stuff! Just plain frozen bananas pureed. Lately I've been taking it and dehydrating it into fruit leather. I wondered if that the yonana machine was worth buying.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Try it if you want - but keep in mind if you are doing it because you think it is a low cal version of ice cream, it may not be... I've seen recipes for this that include bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder, etc that are far more calorie dense than a serving of regular gelato or some of the lower cal ice cream options.

• mcr96
    mcr96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I honestly just blend a frozen pre sliced banana in my mini food processor! As long as it's ripe, you don't need anything to sweeten it
  • saraovoxo
    saraovoxo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just blend up my frozen bananas - then you can dress it however you like as you would normal icecream! i put cacao nibs and carob powder and chopped almonds with a lil vanilla, or just plain with some vanilla, you can put fruits, peanut butter, anything! so yum!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I usually blend bananas, cocoa powder and honey, or bananas and chocolate or bananas and berries. It is a common treat in our house during summer, as it is really easy to make (even my kids prepare it by themselves) and healthy.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You don't even need to blend the banana. Get a overripe banana, peel it, wrap it in foil/cling wrap and freeze. Taste delicious just like that.
    Plenty of yummy low calorie ice creams avaiable too.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    My kid likes a little nutella or a little bit of pb.
  • plecostomus
    plecostomus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I murdered our last blender trying to make this. Be sure to slice the bananas before you freeze them. :P
    I blended some diced frozen pineapple and coconut flakes into attempt #2, it's excellent!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It's just frozen pureed banana. You can add some cocoa, coconut, chocolate chips, or peanut butter, etc to it for variety.

It's good but doesn't really save calories. I eat it because most of the time ice cream makes me very nauseous.

It's a decent substitute that is natural instead of the highly processed, expensive, mystery ingredient filled options in the freezer cases at the grocers.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I murdered our last blender trying to make this. Be sure to slice the bananas before you freeze them. :P
    I blended some diced frozen pineapple and coconut flakes into attempt #2, it's excellent!

I wouldn't even try it in a blender - a food processor works really well. I think I bought my tiny food processor like 7 years ago because my baby was obsessed with it. Honestly, it's still her favorite "ice cream" and she's 8.