Cell phone provider recommendations?

Options
PJilly
PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
I am currently with T-Mobile and will be leaving as soon as our contract is up in a few months. I know I want an iPhone, so that means I need to go with either AT&T or Verizon. I've been doing some research online, but I thought I'd see if any MFPers have recommendations/warnings on either one.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• michz
    michz Posts: 102
    Options
    Where do you live? I'm in the chicago land and therefore would say definitely Verizon. It works best here. :-0
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    They are all *kitten*.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Where do you live? I'm in the chicago land and therefore would say definitely Verizon. It works best here. :-0
    Seattle area.
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    At & T is buying T-Mobile in any case.
    so they will be the same provide again. Verison has Iphone offering too but their plans are supoer expensive for what they offer. AT&T offers better plans but their coverage is only good in major developed areas. Sprint is the same & so is clearwire who are in your backyard;)
    I would do some homework and compare all plans next to each other, and check customer feedback on the maps of their covergae (they are available online) before deciding which one to go for. I do think they are all pretty much the same depending on your own criteria;)
    all the best
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I second that :laugh: I have AT&T but I don't particularly like them. I would look at which one provides the best coverage. AT&T covers more area where I live then Verizon does...from what I've heard.
    They are all *kitten*.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get an iPhone. Just sayin.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Verizon. I'd really recommend that you look at the Android phones before deciding for sure you want an iPhone... unless you've done so already (then, never mind!).
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    At&t is super expensive and has crappy coverage imo. I was with them for 3 years and was so glad to switch providers. I know you said you want an iphone, but look into Sprint and the phones that they have. I know they have phones that do the same stuff the iphone does if not more, and sprint is so much cheaper than any other companies I've found (we have 2 phones with unlimited everything except calls to landlines for 134 a month..and that's including unlimited internet and data). With most other companies, you have to have like an internet package you pay for a month that has a limit to how much data you can use.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    from the research i did prior to switching and from current experience I would go with verizon. they have amazing customer service and they're nationwide without borrowing towers (that was one of my biggest requirements). I don't think they're super expensive. honestly I dont pay any more with them for same (maybe a little more) services then I did with Sprint. I've not done AT&T but thats only because I know a few people with them and they drop calls a lot and I just didn't like what they had to offer
  • PJilly
    Options
    Thanks for the input. Keep it coming!

The one thing I am certain about is that I want an iPhone. I've wanted one forever. My husband has a Droid, and I just don't like it. I realize not everyone is, but I am an Apple fan inside and out. The decision for me is between AT&T and Verizon.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    At&t is super expensive and has crappy coverage imo. I was with them for 3 years and was so glad to switch providers. I know you said you want an iphone, but look into Sprint and the phones that they have. I know they have phones that do the same stuff the iphone does if not more, and sprint is so much cheaper than any other companies I've found (we have 2 phones with unlimited everything except calls to landlines for 134 a month..and that's including unlimited internet and data). With most other companies, you have to have like an internet package you pay for a month that has a limit to how much data you can use.

my reason for switching from Sprint was they couldn't figure out how to do their job nor how to properly do customer service. We were with them for 7 years. We're military and every time we moved it was a hassle and 6 or more phone calls to get them to properly switch the taxes and the numbers and all that and they didn't even do that right. And it took 6 months 3 calls and a nasty email to get a rebate on one set of our phones. It wasn't till I threatened to cancel did they start doing their job properly but by then there was no way I was staying with them. But that was my experience and I do understand everyone has different experiences.