5'7 ladies

Options
What is your frame size and what weight do you look and feel your best at? Since becoming an adult, I haven' t been in a healthy weight range so I'm not sure what goal weight I'm shooting for. I know I can always decide when I get there, but I'd like to do some research in the mean time! Are you a small, medium, or large frame and what is your goal weight?

Replies

• dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm going for upper 140's. I was 144 before and felt/looked great there before. I have a med/large frame, hourglasses type (when thinner lol).
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I'm going for upper 140's. I was 144 before and felt/looked great there before. I have a med/large frame, hourglasses type (when thinner lol).

We sound similar. I have a medium to large frame sorta hourglass sorta pear and I'm think I'll aim for 135-145 [
  • MisRka
    MisRka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5'7.5" here. I weigh about 132 right now and have an average/medium frame size. I feel pretty comfortable at this weight but still have a little fluff on me that I would like to trim down. My goal is to get down to 125ish.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'8, large frame by wrist and elbow measurements ..my goal weight, currently in maintenance is 158-162lbs ...that's a US 6-8 in clothes (occasional 4) for me

I'm only posting because scale weight is inconsequential. Particularly as you start lifting and building muscles

My BF is 23% ...puts me in lean category
  • spiritlevel9
    spiritlevel9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 7.3 and am between 135 and 138 depending on when I weigh myself. I have small wrists and feet (UK 4) but wide hips and rib cage so not sure about frame size. My upper half is bony with ribs visible but still have some flesh on my lower half and sturdy legs. I wouldn't want to be thinner.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" currently 156lbs. I weighed 143 in highschool and was not happy with that but never really tried to change it. I am aiming for 140 and I think I will be very happy this time around as my muscle definition is better and I probably have more lean mass.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am 5'6.5" and am currently shooting for 170 because I was about that when I was a full time yoga teacher and when I was in the military, and due to my large frame and musculature look fine at that weight. We'll see what happens when I get there.
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I am 5'6.5" and am currently shooting for 170 because I was about that when I was a full time yoga teacher and when I was in the military and due to my large frame and musculature look fine at that weight. We'll see what happens when I get there.

This is slightly...okay, alot...off topic but how do you build up in yoga to do the really cool moves that require a ridiculous amount of ab strength?
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    5'7 weight in flux mode right now 141-147 lbs. I wear a US 4 even at 147. My goal weight is 140 so even though I'm going into a bulk for the winter, I'm going to cut down to 135 by June 2016 so I can sit at 140 after the carbs.

I'm comfortable with my weight sub 145. At 147 gets a lil too jiggly in the midsection for my taste. I have a medium frame IMO though I'm told how tiny I am and that I will blow away in a breeze.
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and currently 198. I'm comfortable here. I'm bottom heavy. All of my weight goes to my butt and hips. I'm also small chested and want to cling onto what tiny bit I have. As of now I only have a goal of losing 21 more pounds.
  • klallstar
    klallstar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to aim for 135. It appears to be the middle of the BMI index.
    The lowest I have been was 128 on my wedding day, and now I am coming down from weighing 175 for awhile. 175 was too much - I really felt the positive difference in my self after coming down to around 150ish.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Large frame, my weight range is around 150. That is the upper end of what I should be, but still well within my recommended weight range, and I feel comfortable around it. My big issue is really wide hipbones, so even when i was 120 in high school, I still had to wear a size 12 to fit my hips themselves. ><
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    5'7" and ~145. About 21% BF by 7-site calipers and US size 4/ sm. I maintain on 2300-2500 cal a day.

Good luck on your journey! You'll know the right size/shape/weight for yourself to feel happiest and healthiest at. It's very individual.
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    andylllI wrote: »
    5'7" and ~145. About 21% BF by 7-site calipers and US size 4/ sm. I maintain on 2300-2500 cal a day.

Good luck on your journey! You'll know the right size/shape/weight for yourself to feel happiest and healthiest at. It's very individual.

Girl, that's amazing stats. What has been your strategy?
  • bdorri00
    bdorri00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You should check out the website mybodygallery.com to get some ideas of how different people look at different weights. I am 5'7 and my goal is between 165-175 because I have muscular legs/large frame. It all just depends but that website is a really great tool to get an idea.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    taracan25 wrote: »
    andylllI wrote: »

Girl, that's amazing stats. What has been your strategy?

I always was able to eat a lot...I don't know. Heavy lifting. And lots of activity both non exercise activity and about 3-4 hours of steady state cardio (HR 60% max) a week. I spin on a bike trainer in front of Netflix and commute by bike to work so it's not as ridiculous as it sounds.
  • Ajirvin
    Ajirvin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. I weigh 164 now. I still have baby weight to lose. A few years ago I was doing yoga and got down to 135 and looked TERRIFIC. I'm hoping to get down to 135 again (of course I didn't appreciate it then). I have an hourglass figure (even when I gain weight), but I'd rather be smaller than I am now. (Too easy to get really really big at this weight.)
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly like dalielahdawn.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 134. My goal weight was 145, and it did look good, but I just lost more eating what was comfortable. My lower tummy problem area went away by 134, so I do like it better on me. I'm large framed (just wide shoulders, ribs, pelvis).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    taracan25 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I am 5'6.5" and am currently shooting for 170 because I was about that when I was a full time yoga teacher and when I was in the military and due to my large frame and musculature look fine at that weight. We'll see what happens when I get there.

This is slightly...okay, alot...off topic but how do you build up in yoga to do the really cool moves that require a ridiculous amount of ab strength?

Well, for Chaturanga (a transition move in flow sequences), which requires core and upper body strength, you start with knees down, after some time you add one without using the knees, and keep progressing over time until you don't use your knees at all :)

http://www.yogajournal.com/slideshow/3-safe-alignment-modifications-chaturanga-dandasana/#1

That works the upper body quite a bit as well, for me especially in the triceps, so in addition to the compound strength training exercises I do at the gym, I also do triceps push downs.

Jumping back also requires core strength. Right now I'm happy if I jump back once. But when I was 35 pounds lighter and teaching full time, I'd jump back for the last five minutes of my Sun Salutations.

If you have questions on how to modify particle poses, feel free to start a new thread or PM me. But I can't help you with these arm balances, which are way above my skill level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loszrEZvS_k