Question for men

Options

Replies

• ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hmmmm, if the man loves you or is really interested in you..........temptation won't get the best of him, period! I hate freakn weak excuses on why men don't stick around... A relationship takes work. Men, just stop giving mixed messages to us b/c then you call us crazy, when you all are making us crazy... step up and play ur role right! The end... bye
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 595 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    Did you have sex with him?

No. We haven't met only texted so fair.

there you go. he got bored. or he got scared his wife would find out.

yup. treat men like the trash they are and things will go better for you OP ;) but seriously if someone is into you there will be no questioning it

agreed. if he was aching to try and claim a relationship he would.

Well, it wasn't a relationship but we were flirty friends. And not to be judgemental or anything but what guy would give up on an easy flirt only thing? I got out of a relationship a while back so Im not ready for that right now but I loved the attention and charm/flirt he gave me. My EX never did. :(

because it was an easy flirt ONLY thing. where's the fun in that?

sexting too.

same thing. gets boring really fast. like where's the payoff in the end? it'd be a LOT easier to just find something locally. unless he's actually married.

well according to him he has been divorced for 10 years and busy at work a lot, hasn't dated in 3 months. Which is why I assume he wanted to flirt/sext with me. He doesn't have time for a relationship. Which was fine for me because I am not in the best shape to be in a relationship right now just coming from a bad break up. So it was kind of like an agreement to help each other out. I just don't know why he wouldn't have to the respect to say hey i'm not into this anymore. I would be fine with it if he just said that. its like dont waste my time and don't disrespect me when I have been so upfront honest and respectful to you.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options

yup. treat men like the trash they are and things will go better for you OP ;) but seriously if someone is into you there will be no questioning it

Well, it wasn't a relationship but we were flirty friends. And not to be judgemental or anything but what guy would give up on an easy flirt only thing? I got out of a relationship a while back so Im not ready for that right now but I loved the attention and charm/flirt he gave me. My EX never did. :(

sexting too.

same thing. gets boring really fast. like where's the payoff in the end? it'd be a LOT easier to just find something locally. unless he's actually married.

well according to him he has been divorced for 10 years and busy at work a lot, hasn't dated in 3 months. Which is why I assume he wanted to flirt/sext with me. He doesn't have time for a relationship. Which was fine for me because I am not in the best shape to be in a relationship right now just coming from a bad break up. So it was kind of like an agreement to help each other out. I just don't know why he wouldn't have to the respect to say hey i'm not into this anymore. I would be fine with it if he just said that. its like dont waste my time and don't disrespect me when I have been so upfront honest and respectful to you.

How long have you two been flirt/sexting?

• lislisa123
    Options
    Hmmmm, if the man loves you or is really interested in you..........temptation won't get the best of him, period! I hate freakn weak excuses on why men don't stick around... A relationship takes work. Men, just stop giving mixed messages to us b/c then you call us crazy, when you all are making us crazy... step up and play ur role right! The end... bye

AMEN!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »

It's just texting so it's not like you really knew who he was. Everything he told you could have been a lie.

But usually when a guy does the fade out it's because he isn't into you anymore and doesn't want to deal with the drama of telling you. Because for some reason guys seem to think we are all fragile butterflies.

I just always thought they don't tell us because they are afraid we will go batsh!t crazy and key their car or burn down their house.

Same difference :wink:

• lislisa123
    Options

sexting too.

who knows. maybe he'll respond. but itd be stupid to keep on waiting around for it. generally speaking, whoever cares least, wins. so just quit caring so much. if you try hard enough you can become desensitized to the point it won't phase you when stuff like this happens.

It's hard not to care when you have a heart.
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    Right. It's true, the freeze out is a pu$$y move. I don't know why guys don't just grow the balls to say "Look, let's both take some space. This is becoming a little more intense that I want it to be, so let's back off a bit."

But in guys' defense, sometimes girls just don't get the point. Half the time, even with a direct send off, girls still be like "But what did I do wrong? How can I win his attention back? Is waiting until next week enough space?"

Lol...boys and girls were just put on earth to drive each other up the wall xDDD
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    Because the male brain is wired to the chase. Once he feels like he has you, it become less fun. So he gets bored and looks for someone else to chase.

That's why the worst thing you can do is be too available, needy, or desperate...it just perpetuates the feeling of "you're in his back pocket and thus boring"

The only way to win the game is to 1. Keep making it new and exciting somehow...which is hard to do if you can't see the guy 2. Play the game yourself. He's not as much fun anymore. So find a new one.

QFT!

I always found it tough to play the game - I just get tired of it and would rather spend my energy on something more rewarding and fun. Which is why I'm single I guess :/
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I would caution taking relationship advice from middle aged single women. Being as you wanted a mans perspective.
  • ScorpionQwean
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »
    I would caution taking relationship advice from middle aged single women. Being as you wanted a mans perspective.

Some of us middle aged single women CHOSE the wrong man....
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    OP you sound like you are trying to come off casual, but it isn't actually a casual thing to you. You either need to treat it as casual per the agreement or move on to something that isn't casual.
  • jenmar222
    edited November 2015
    Options
    because its better to keep backup copies of your hard drives. if the first or second one crashes, then you have another to fall back on.

Ohhh okay. lol. That makes sense xDDDD
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

Some of us middle aged single women learned from our mistakes and want to pass down our wisdom to the next generation B)

• jenmar222
    Options
    generally speaking, whoever cares least, wins. so just quit caring so much. if you try hard enough you can become desensitized to the point it won't phase you when stuff like this happens.

This is a hard truth. It's true that if you try hard, you can become more desensitized.....(not sure if that's a good thing, but it can work).
  • jenmar222
    Options
    morkiemama wrote: »
    OP you sound like you are trying to come off casual, but it isn't actually a casual thing to you. You either need to treat it as casual per the agreement or move on to something that isn't casual.

Also....this.
  • ScorpionQwean
    Options

Some of us middle aged single women learned from our mistakes and want to pass down our wisdom to the next generation B)

^This
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    If he's behaving in a way you don't appreciate, that alone is a BIG RED FLAG. It will not get better unless you change to accomodate this behavior and accept it.

If you set out to change a person to your liking, you're heading back on the same road you just came from. Breakup.

If someone isn't behaving in a way which makes you happy, then you need to keep looking or change yourself, not try to change anyone else. Once I realised this, I began to meet men who treated me the way I wanted.... I'm Now engaged. :smile:
    Just love yourself more than someone else.

• jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

[/quote]

^This

Oh gotcha...... Soooo what were the mistakes then????