Does anyone really like pumpkin pie?

Options

Replies

• mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Eh, I'll eat it but it is definitely not my favorite pie. I'd prefer it in cheesecake form. :wink:
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Sailor Jerry Pumpkin Pie. I don't even like spiced rum, but this pie is better than any other recipe I've made. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/265501340506111185/
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Love pumpkin pie. This one is very delicately spiced, super smooth, and has a nice complexity if you let the sugar caramelize enough:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/caramel-pumpkin-pie-236428

(Personally, I like a more heavily spiced pumpkin pie and add more spice. The recipe can take it, and you still detect the burnt sugar notes.)
  • fattgrlneeds2bthin
    Options
    Love it with whipped cream.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Love it, but I like pecan better, so if I was one of those 'normal' people who only have one piece, it would be pecan.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me, me, me! Also mincemeat! My mom usually made both and I'd have a slice of each together on the same plate. Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom ....
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I never had one, not even a morsel because I don't eat anything with cinnamon. I never had apple pie, carrot cake, etc. either.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    i would find a new group of friends if two pumpkin pies went untouched at a get together
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm eating pumpkin pie right now.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Nope... it's the most disgusting of pies... only suitable for weird people with incorrect taste buds.... they can't help it though, genetics do weird things.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yep! Love it! With whip cream on the top.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I do, covered in whipped cream! (The pie, not me!)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    It's my favourite of the pies.

I make mine with spiced rum as well, like another poster mentioned. And I serve it with Baileys whipped cream, because booze improves virtually every dessert.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Yuck. I made Thanksgiving dinner every year and I will NOT serve pumpkin pie.I make a pumpkin roll.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    ugh
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I like pumpkin cheesecake, pie not so much.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I love the Costco pumpkin pie, huge and only $5.99. I'm glad it is only featured at this time of year - makes it special. I prefer it completely plain. The over sugary sticky stuff can go to everyone else.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hate everything pumpkin.. I thought I would add that I would be one walking to a different dessert laid out on the buffet..
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Last year, I made it. Someone else bought one from a store.
    Both sat untouched. 25+ people.
    There was another dessert of cookies and brownie sort of pie, one pecan pie.

Only 1 piece of pumpkin pie was touched.
    No one really likes pumpkin pie, do they?
    I adore all things pumpkin, especially pie.
    I love pumpkin so much that I buy hoards of sugar/baking pumpkins from local Mennonite farmers and prepare and freeze the stuff.

I'm trying to find or create a low cal pumpkin muffin or loaf.

• HypnoticHayleeLynn
    Options
    I live for pumpkin pie