Back to Losing Weight After a Pregnancy Loss

Options
I'm not sure if anyone else can sympathize but this can be frustrating. It is disheartening to be left with the weight and no baby but that's life.

I had my daughter last year and proceeded to have 2 losses this year. Whenever I see a positive on a test, it seems like I instantly gain 5 lbs. I lost 16 lbs between the losses and since the last one in September, I've gained 12 back. So I'm back here again, working on losing the weight and some before trying again for baby #2 next year.

Losing the weight is one part of it, but it definitely comes with an emotional element this time. It's frustrating to lose weight and then gain some of it back while dealing with a loss. I'm over the roller coaster and can't wait for things to settle down in life. So I'm healing from the more recent loss and working on losing weight again.

I hope to lose more this time around: 20 lbs! Just wanted to get that out.

Replies

• youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your losses! You sound like an amazingly motivated person! I am sure you can do this and then get back to your goal!!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your losses! I can relate, unfortunately. Healing emotionally takes time, but it does gradually get easier...day by day and year by year. My last loss, and my furthest along, was in 2013 - Julia was born too soon at 17 weeks. I still think about her every single day. I dont think that will ever change. but i'm less angry now, and less prone to random crying bouts.
  • hoodie954
    hoodie954 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. You may be dealing hormonal changes which may make it difficult to lose the weight. You also may be dealing with the emotional aspect of losing weight and it being difficult. If your motivation is to get healthy before your next pregnancy I'm sure you'll achieve your goals.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's such a hard thing to go through, I'm really sorry. Kudos for evenergy wanting to get back on the wagon after all you've endured. Take care of yourself. (((Hug)))
  • TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! This is really encouraging. I just felt the need to explain or share...I don't know. I just had to get it out.
  • ChristinePearlFNP
    ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just had a miscarriage at 10 weeks and had a d&c about 3.5 weeks ago so I'm back at it too. I understand completely!
  • TaurianDoll
    Options
    I just had a miscarriage at 10 weeks and had a d&c about 3.5 weeks ago so I'm back at it too. I understand completely!

I'm so so sorry for your loss. You are not alone and the emotional healing is hard but there's always hope for a better future. Focusing on weight loss will hopefully help me to get through the next few months.
  • TaurianDoll
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    I'm sorry for your losses! I can relate, unfortunately. Healing emotionally takes time, but it does gradually get easier...day by day and year by year. My last loss, and my furthest along, was in 2013 - Julia was born too soon at 17 weeks. I still think about her every single day. I dont think that will ever change. but i'm less angry now, and less prone to random crying bouts.

I'm really sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you went through.