sick of salad and turkey for lunch

Options
I just had blueberry yogurt (80 cal) and 1 cup of peanut butter Captain Crunch for lunch (yummmy and crunchy)...I can't look at another turkey sandwich or salad....hope this fills me up for awhile. Is that bad?

Replies

• iluvbread
    iluvbread Posts: 104
    Options
    I just had blueberry yogurt (80 cal) and 1 cup of peanut butter Captain Crunch for lunch (yummmy and crunchy)...I can't look at another turkey sandwich or salad....hope this fills me up for awhile. Is that bad?
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have had the peanut butter Captain Crunch, but that is just me.

I am not eating any processed foods, so that would have been out of the question for me.

Also, I use organic plain yogurt and add fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries or raspberries to it.
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options

Here's a new easy lunch- Precook some skinless chicken tenders at nite, cut up or shred, pair with some good green leafy lett, whole wheat fajita size tortilla, and 1 teaspoon of light ranch! I always cook extra chicken and put it snack bags to make chicken wraps at work. You can eat 2 of these, and stay under 350 cals. (dont remember the exact total for 2)
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    what about soup? You can make some healthy soup and have a serving of that with a whole wheat roll or piece of whole wheat bread or crackers for lunch. And you can have your salad also if you want!
  • hollymires
    Options
    I think it is fine! It is nice to have some changes now and again! I eat crazy things all the time...as long as I log them and I don't go over on calories...who cares! I had a lean cuisine for breakfast this morning! hahaha

smiley-devil07.gif
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I would do at lunch without my Kashi dinners. They are so yummy and good for you.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Its up to you to decide if its bad. :flowerforyou: I think if you are within your calories and your body feels good (you don't have that icky feeling in your stomach like when I eat potato chips.) then what you did wasn't at all wrong. Its all about you and your specific plan.

There is a lot of pressure to eat clean and while thats a very good way to be, it isn't the only want to be and achieve your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    variety is key. But to be honest your lunch sounds pretty high in sugar and low in nutrients. As long as it's not an everyday thing you're ok. I usually switch between: a whole wheat bagel toasted with cheddar and tomato slices, a bowl of homemade soup with toast on the side, a green salad topped with leftover chicken, a turkey sandwich. Sometimes I get really creative and do up a stirfry. Be imaginative, just try to make sure you're getting variety and nutrients :flowerforyou:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I've recently started replacing my usual lunches with this instead and I've found that it really fills me up! (I was pretty skeptical at first but it seems to be working...)

20 Baby carrots
    1 Light Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge
    1 piece of fruit (either an apple or an orange, but really whatever I have on hand)
    1 Fiber One Bar (any flavor but lately I'm LOVING the Mocha Chocolate)
    1 100-calorie cappuccino mix prepared (I think because it's hot it fills me up longer)

Depending on the fruit, or if you want to cut down the number of carrots, this is generally under 350 calories.
  • iluvbread
    Options
    Thanks genabug I will give it a try. I have tried a lot of soups too and do like that. It has been almost three weeks of the same boring foods so thanks to all for your suggestions !

I guess I went for the peanut butter Cap Crunch because I love cereal, and wanted peanut butter without all the fat and calories of a hunk of peanut butter. I am just trying to stay at 1200 calories and I am grouchy and hungry today.
  • iluvbread
    Options
    Wow Kerri you've lost 55lbs.....that is awesome.....yes I know it was not nutritious and full of sugar, story of my life. I am 5"1 and 119 pounds of sugar. I just want to be my pre baby of 107 again and need to make better choices. However I have lost 7 pounds, but I know I am not the "eat clean" sort....it just will never be me.

I am going to try some of these lunches....thanks!
  • gail15
    gail15 Posts: 15
    Options
    How 'bout a reuben or pizza--These alternative ways to fix them have helped me to keep variety in my meals and they are really good--

For the reuben--@slilces of Nature's Own Wheat Double fiber bread, Hillshire farm low fat sliced pastrami or corned beef (7slices 70 calories) Sauerkraut to taste, 2% milk swiss cheese, 1 slice, and a very small amt. of low-fat mayo mixed with a tiny bit of ketchup. Put all ingredients on the bread and grill in a non stick skillet until the cheese melts.

For the pizza---

Use 1 whole wheat flat bread 80 cal, add canned pizza sauce or make your own, top with 17 pieces of turkey pepperoni, and 1/4 cup of low fat mozerella. Put in the oven or microwave until hot and bubbly.

They are higher in sodium so I don't eat them everyday but they satisfy my craving and they have way less calories and fat than reg. pizza and reubens. :happy:
  • iluvbread
    Options
    thanks Gail...I am trying the pizza tonight for dinner!
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Wow! The pizza does sound good, and as a bonus it sounds like something hubby would go for! I'm marking that down for a dinner for next week.

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    When I was in full fledged weight loss mode I ate pretty much the same thing for breakfast and lunch EVERY DAY (for almost a year!)

I tried to vary my "sandwiches" - turkey breast, chicken breast, lean roast beef, even ham sometimes.... on wheat, multi-grain, even wrapped in a tortilla and sometimes in half a pita. If I was being liberal with my calories I may add a slice of lowfat swiss or provolone or some laughing cow spread. Eventually it didn't matter what was on them, they all tasted the same!

I can't stand sandwiches anymore - they turn my stomach just thinking about eating one! (although sometimes I still do out of convenience)

LOL

Not a thing wrong with changing things up! It'll make your "diet" (aka-lifestyle change) so much easier to live with in the long run.

:smile:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I'm loading up on soups this week at the grocery store. I've really been craving them. Gotta pay attention to the sodium tho.
    I want to make a batch of that chickpea soup from another thread...mmmm