logging in strength training daily??

Options
If cardio deducts calories from the total daily calories, why doesn't weight training??

Am I the only one who logs in daily cardio but not strength training here??

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    @mmnguyen22

You log it under the Cardiovascular section to get an approximate calorie estimate, the Strength Training section is just a diary.

Look for:
    Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)
    or
    Circuit training, general

There's many options available.
  • mmnguyen22
    mmnguyen22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @sijomial ahhhhh!! I will try that! Thanks!
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I log my strength exercises as cardio too. Since I have a HRM on recording my calorie burn.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    ashmx250 wrote: »
    I log my strength exercises as cardio too. Since I have a HRM on recording my calorie burn.

HRM are not accurate/meant to be used for weight training.
  • mmnguyen22
    Options
    okay the app asked for minutes used and calories burn. How the heck am I to know how many calories a bicep curl burns and Im suppose to time my sets and reps? aiya!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    mmnguyen22 wrote: »
    okay the app asked for minutes used and calories burn. How the heck am I to know how many calories a bicep curl burns and Im suppose to time my sets and reps? aiya!

Put in your minutes. It will calculate the calories.
  • mmnguyen22
    Options
    It won't provide the calories on mine. Did you upgrade and paid for the app??
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    The paid app is not necessary. Just to be sure: You're selecting cardio then searching for "strength training" and entering the time?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    There is no real way to track the calorie burns during strength training.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    There is no real way to track the calorie burns during strength training.

This. As long as I remember to do so, I adjust the calories down to 1 and don't worry about it. But I also use TDEE and not the MFP method, so there's no eating back of exercise calories for me.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I know it's difficult to track calories for lifting. Nonetheless, I had no issue with using MFP, starting with half and finding where my burns were over a couple months. Eating that extra helped even if it wasn't a large amount.