POSTPARTUM MAMMAS!

Options
Just had a baby about a month ago and need major motivation to eat properly and still have enough for breastfeeding. Really need to be motivated to incorporate some excercise as well bc I hate it!!! Plz add me and I'll support you as well:) lost about 20 since birth and have 25 lbs to go!

Replies

• sstout02
    sstout02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My baby just turned one..for me I couldn't kick not so healthy eating habits until I stopped breast feeding at 6 months. I was to darn hungry All the time. Than slowly I got back to myself. I started walking with her, jumping rope, light weights. Eating healthier I dropped 15 pounds thus far..good luck!
  • maytalharrosh
    maytalharrosh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is exactly me!!!! I always nurse my kids for 6 months and don't drop a pound until I completely stop...so I know I won't have much luck but trying to make excercise and healthier choices happen anyways !
  • Anaa007
    Anaa007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! 2 months postpartum over here. Got 10lbs to ho..then 10lbs more to make myself happy lol feel free to add me :)
  • isysblue
    isysblue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    About 1 week post partum for me though I gave birth to an angel baby at 19weeks. Still, I wanna lose weight from it all. Im 230lbs wanting to get to 140lbs!

Ive been so engorged Ive also been pumping and dumping (obviously). Hopefully that will help with engorgement temporarily as well as shed a few pounds.

Ive already lost everything I had gained but now I wanna lose the rest!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm s
    isysblue wrote: »
    About 1 week post partum for me though I gave birth to an angel baby at 19weeks. Still, I wanna lose weight from it all. Im 230lbs wanting to get to 140lbs!

Ive been so engorged Ive also been pumping and dumping (obviously). Hopefully that will help with engorgement temporarily as well as shed a few pounds.

I'm sorry for your loss. I would not pump too much. Just a little to relieve the pressure. Breastmilk prodiction is all supply and demand. The more you pump the more you will make.
  • amandanicole90a
    amandanicole90a Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Add me!! Im five months postpartum
  • MrsDio710
    MrsDio710 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm six weeks postpartum looking for encouragement and support.

My husband had a lot of health issues last fall and I gained substantial weight eating hospital cafeteria food every day and I ate to deal with my emotions. Shortly after he got better, we found out we were expecting, so I didn't really lose any weight.

Breastfeeding isn't really making an impact on the weightloss, although I am almost 20 lbs down from my weight before my daughter was born. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I was cleared for physical activity and cannot wait to get going!! Who's with me?!?
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry for your loss. My daughter, Julia, was born sleeping at 17weeks in 2013. It may not seem like it right now, but it does get easier. Pm me if you want to talk.
  • larlardb8
    larlardb8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me! 3 months postpartum. Lost the baby weight but am still about 15 lbs above where I would like to be.
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 4 months postpartum! Apparently with breastfeeding you typically start losing the most between 4 and 6 months. I started at 220 and I'm down to 202 with a goal weight of 140. I am exclusively breastfeeding my little guy and on maternity leave until August so I have lots of time to work on getting fit. I go to a gym with a daycare so while I work out my little guy is taken care of. I go Monday to Friday for an hour each day. I love the group fitness Classes they keep me motivated and interested.
  • cheryldowney86
    cheryldowney86 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    3 weeks PP! 22lbs down and wanting to lose another 45-50 in the next 6 months if i can! Lost 70lbs after i had my son 5 yrs ago doing atkins, going to try it again
  • Nckr66
    Nckr66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 months pp. I was overweight from before pregnancy but I'm 14lbs down. I still have about 60 to go to get healthy. I also need surgery for a hernia I got during pregnancy and I've been told I have to lose at least 20 lbs more. Feel free to add me
  • akirkland1026
    akirkland1026 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am about 3 & 1/2 months postpartum. I got up to 206 when I was preggers. I'm down to 178. I'm hoping to get to my goal weight of 135 by summer. Please add me so we can support each other!!!
  • ElbowCoude
    ElbowCoude Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 and a half months pp. breastfeeding on demand. My weight at delivery was 325... Then dropped to 292 one month pp. at 3 1/2 months pp I started eating better and exercise and have lost 84 lbs in the past 4 months!! I have a ways to go but my 7 month old is happy and healthy! I haven't been this size since before my first pregnancy! I have three kids
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm about 2.5 months postpartum. I lost a bunch right away, but regained a few (have been more sedentary and have been eating what is easily available, not what is healthiest). I'm about 20-25lbs from prepregnancy weight and about 30-35lbs from goal weight.
  • cheryldowney86
    cheryldowney86 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    im back on atkins! It worked for me before i got preg so im hoping it wotks again!
  • Lazeree
    Lazeree Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can all add me. My baby is 7 weeks old today. I have about 60lb to lose
  • akirkland1026
    akirkland1026 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating when breastfeeding and trying to lose weight??? I nurse when I'm home and pump when I'm at work.
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm s

I'm sorry for your loss. I would not pump too much. Just a little to relieve the pressure. Breastmilk prodiction is all supply and demand. The more you pump the more you will make.
    Sending prayers for your angel baby.
    I agree with expatmommy. The more you pump the more you'll make....

• ash2692
    ash2692 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Almost 3 years post lol