A Medical NSV--it's not all about the skinny jeans

Options
rorosaw
rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
Ok, the smaller-size jeans are great(!), but I had an even-better NSV (non-scale victory) yesterday. I went in for a check-up. Hadn't seen my doctor since before I started my weight loss and wellness journey in January. To date, I'm 48 pounds down. 48 pounds! My doctor walked into the room and said, "Wow, you look fantastic. You've lost so much weight!" She wanted to know how I did it. I extolled the virtues of MFP (of course!) and the hard work and dedication to exercise (running, kickboxing, kettlebell) since January. Her noticing the weight loss and complimenting me on how I look in itself felt great but it wasn't until she told me that I could go off my blood pressure medication that it hit me. Not only am I losing weight to feel better in my own skin (and to fit into smaller-size jeans, but I'm doing it to gain a new healthy lifestyle. So, as of yesterday, no more blood pressure medication. My blood pressure was a near-perfect 121 over 80! I didn't take the medication that morning to see what reading I would get. My doctor was so happy but not more than me. Of course, she wants to monitor me for a month and I'll have to log blood pressure readings twice a week for the next month and follow up with her, but she thinks with the amount of weight I lost so far, she has every confidence that I'll no longer need the medication. How's THAT for an NSV???? I'm stoked!

-Ro

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That is a FANTASTIC NSV! As fantastic as the jeans are, there is nothing better that truly getting your life back!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    That's the BEST NSV!! Big congrats on getting healthier!!
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!! It is great to know that you are benefitting so much from all of your hard work I bet. Keep it up!
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    That is a FANTASTIC NSV!!
  • Stelynru
    Stelynru Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep up the good work! :)
  • manny_bee
    manny_bee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    congrats! that's the best kind of nsv. im so happy for you!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    this is fantastic, Ive been here since march, lost 27lb and as a result my leg ulcer has healed, no more pain, can exercise more, feels great doesn't it, congrats hun, keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • tafaye
    tafaye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And one of the goals I have, I can't wait to get where you are!
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    SWEET! That is just amazing. What a gift you are giving yourself and everyone who loves you!
  • LeslieAnn72
    LeslieAnn72 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news! congratulations :D
  • spiceshirl
    spiceshirl Posts: 177
    Options
    Well done that Super-Cali- Fragilistic- S-P- Alidocious news!!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    That's a SUPER-DOOPER NSV!!! Congrats to you!
  • ScratchMj
    ScratchMj Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is another reason for you to keep going! That is so awesome! :)
  • buckeyebuc
    buckeyebuc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great Job, that offers me hope. I scheduled an appointment for this coming Friday hoping to either have my meds lowered or be told I no longer need them as well.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone who gave me a way to go!

And, buckeyebuc--I'm pulling for you. If it can happen for me, it can happen for you. I'll be rooting for you. Let me know how it goes.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is really what it's all about. At the end of the day, wearing skinny jeans doesn't count for much if they bury you in them. Keep up the good work!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! WTG!
  • buckeyebuc
    buckeyebuc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I will do that rorosaw. TYVM
  • sangostar
    sangostar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So fabulous, I'm happy for you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!