Never thought I would have a body like this :-D

Options
DJ7203
DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
Transformation Tuesday. I have really been hitting the gym hard lately & sticking to me diet & I am seeing new changes, more definition. I never dreamed I would have a body like this. Before I was lazy, lived on fast food, sweets, soda & junk food & had 0 energy. I was not active at all, you wouldn't catch me in the gym or doing anything active. I was no unhealthy that I had such a low immune system that I was constantly sick. I had a cold at least once a month, it was awful. But I changed my life & now I eat clean, lift weights, have so much energy & I'm hardly ever sick. Yes I love my new body, but it's not just about that. It's about health, I feel amazing! I'll be 35 years old in March, I'm not getting any younger & I want to take care of myself. I want to look amazing when I'm in my 50's, 60's etc. I want to live a long, happy, healthy life. Now don't get me wrong, I have days when I don't feel like working out. But I make myself go, you never regret working out. I love food, I still love my pizza, ice cream, french fries & all those delicious foods. I don't deprive myself, but I have to earn those things. If I am good with my diet & workouts through the week, on the weekend I treat myself. I go out to eat with my family & I get my pizza & cheesecake. It's not easy, but it's so worth it to feel good & look in the mirror & be happy with what I see. Now I'm going to answer the questions that I know will come. I'm 5'4 130-133 pounds. I have been in this lifestyle for 3 years now. My diet is clean meaning lean meats, fish, vegetables, complex carbs, Google it. My workout is a mix of cardio & heavy weightlifting. What works for me, may not work for you. I did this 100% on my own, no trainers. Do your own research, try different things. Find something you enjoy, that's what I did. I found that weight lifting works for me. But you might prefer yoga, pilates, boxing, running, you name it there are so many ways to get fit. Educate yourself, follow fitness pages on FB & IG I get so many ideas for different workouts that way. I'm not saying anyone has to do what I do. But it's something I am so passionate about that I love sharing it with people :-)
Here is my before & after....

Then:
ku3zunz3rdsh.jpg

Now:
c1bfr0mous2z.jpg

Replies

• tiffanycompton33
    tiffanycompton33 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And it sounds like you will be looking fantastic for the rest of your days =)
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Way to go - you look incredible!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hi, friend! You have had some exellent results and are a major inspiration. You look fantastic and I'm sure you are much healthier.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And I have no doubt you will continue to look amazing. You're very inspirational.
  • RN125
    RN125 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great such an inspiration to all of us.
  • DJ7203
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • bhokanson2015
    bhokanson2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic
  • hopekristal
    hopekristal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go sista!! Keep up the great work!!
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing!!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Slammin bod! Wow I'm impressed! How long and how frequently do you lift weights if you don't mind me asking?
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!! :)
  • amyj514
    amyj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am incredibly envious of your figure right about now! :D If I can end up looking just a fraction like you once I'm done then I'll be a happy lady! Great work and thanks for the advice. <3
  • heatherp47
    heatherp47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great! I've been trying to loose weight and it's so frustrating. My diet is eggwhites (for breakfast), grilled chicken salad for lunch and baked chicken or fish with lots of veggies for dinner. I drink lots of water throughout the day and will have a greek yogurt and fruit as a snack. I exercise in the morning on the treadmill at 3.7-4.0 for a half hr, I walk during my half hr lunch break and I go to the gym after work and do weights and cardio. It seems as if the scale is at a standstill. Trying to loose at least 20 lbs ( I'm 5"4, 160) and I loose a lb week and then gain a 1/2 lb the following week. ughh. I just keep on eating healthier and exercising and hoping the scale will go down. Not sure what else to do. Maybe I'm not eating enough. You look awesome! Keep up the good work.
  • DJ7203
    Options
    heatherp47 wrote: »
    You look great! I've been trying to loose weight and it's so frustrating. My diet is eggwhites (for breakfast), grilled chicken salad for lunch and baked chicken or fish with lots of veggies for dinner. I drink lots of water throughout the day and will have a greek yogurt and fruit as a snack. I exercise in the morning on the treadmill at 3.7-4.0 for a half hr, I walk during my half hr lunch break and I go to the gym after work and do weights and cardio. It seems as if the scale is at a standstill. Trying to loose at least 20 lbs ( I'm 5"4, 160) and I loose a lb week and then gain a 1/2 lb the following week. ughh. I just keep on eating healthier and exercising and hoping the scale will go down. Not sure what else to do. Maybe I'm not eating enough. You look awesome! Keep up the good work.

You may not be eating enough. Maybe add in some extra calories & see what happens. Also try doing some HIIT, if you aren't sure what that is Google it for different ideas. Hope I helped :)
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl!
  • ngaliyin
    ngaliyin Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    heatherp47 wrote: »

Are you weighing your food on a food scale and tracking your calories on MFP? How many calories are you eating per day? That's what's working for me. In addition to working out of course. Hope that helps and wishing you success :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!