• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Candy bar but if you want to be exactly correct chocolate bar
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    depends on your region. here in texas seems like pretty much everything is a candy bar, if you're referring to something that is indeed in "bar" format. if its something in a bag, you just call it candy.

just don't call it "pop"...its all "coke", even if its a pepsi, you still call it coke. "what kind of coke do you want?"

Same in OK. Or Dr.Pepper
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Chocolate bar
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    How is caramel pronounced?
    Rhymes with "Hair-a-Mel"? Or the right way to pronounce it?
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    It's all candy. Chocolate bar is a TYPE of candy, as is licorice and Fun Dip.
    depends on your region. here in texas seems like pretty much everything is a candy bar, if you're referring to something that is indeed in "bar" format. if its something in a bag, you just call it candy.

just don't call it "pop"...its all "coke", even if its a pepsi, you still call it coke. "what kind of coke do you want?"

And we call it all "soda". Definitely a regional thing.

You are only 1 state away and you call it soda? We go by the name here in Boston - coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    Candy.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm...Candy bar! :yum:

I grew up Drinking Pop in CO until I moved to CA and started drinking Soda then moved to ME where I gave up Soda Pop! :tongue:
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    We just say "chocolate" if we want a candy/choc bar... Candy it's the Umbrella word to "hard candy", "candy bar", "sugar sticks", etc...
  • MisterRok
    MisterRok Posts: 3,986 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »

You are only 1 state away and you call it soda? We go by the name here in Boston - coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.

Only in a generic sense. Like, it's ALL soda, but I would order a Diet Coke, or whatever at a restaurant.

As a Canadian, I've never fulled understood this. As a Canadian we use the word "pop". I know what "pop" is, and I also you can optionally use "soda" but holy *kitten* if I travel to the US and ask for a "pop" .. 9/10 times the waiter/waitress will look at me with a blank stare like I have something on my face.

It's "pop" where I grew up in Wisconsin, but I also throw an "eh?" at the end of my sentences at times, so I could be Canadian.
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    dmac_101 wrote: »
    Is it "Candy Bar" or "Chocolate Bar"?

kcorreia-com-jog.jpg

Depends. Are you planning on going backstage to a Wiz Khalifa concert anytime soon?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »

Only in a generic sense. Like, it's ALL soda, but I would order a Diet Coke, or whatever at a restaurant.

As a Canadian, I've never fulled understood this. As a Canadian we use the word "pop". I know what "pop" is, and I also you can optionally use "soda" but holy *kitten* if I travel to the US and ask for a "pop" .. 9/10 times the waiter/waitress will look at me with a blank stare like I have something on my face.

Yes!!! It's fun to go there and spell something with the letter zed. I have been stared at like I'm from Mars...Zed???