Body shape

Options
I'm losing quite well on my waist but my hips are lagging behind, consequently my jeans are swimming around my waist and I have to wear a belt, any ideas on any exercises that would help? Cheers.

Replies

• riveragirl15
    riveragirl15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. it seems like my hips/thighs are the last to lose fat. For muscle in that area I suggest hip exercises like abductor/adductor. There are many resistance band exercise too like clam-shells, body weight squats, glute bridges, kickouts...
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Fat loss isn't targetable, sorry. Keep losing and eventually it will shrink.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work that way, sorry to say.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. it seems like my hips/thighs are the last to lose fat. For muscle in that area I suggest hip exercises like abductor/adductor. There are many resistance band exercise too like clam-shells, body weight squats, glute bridges, kickouts...

You can't target areas for fat loss. Doesn't work that way. All you are doing is making the muscles underneath stronger. In the case of things like the adbuctor/adductor machines, those target very small muscles and are practically useless.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Oh, how I wish it worked that way! My boobs and butt are about gone, but my tummy fat remains. :'(
  • 60muffin
    60muffin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ho hum, well I'll keep going with my aquarobics, DVD workout and walking and hope that it eventually shifts. Thanks for all your replies X
  • Boogiemonster04
    Boogiemonster04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 152 cm tall and I've really huge thighs. 20 inches thick, but my calves are pretty normal so these look really big with my body shape, what should I do to tone these down, any advice ??
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I am 152 cm tall and I've really huge thighs. 20 inches thick, but my calves are pretty normal so these look really big with my body shape, what should I do to tone these down, any advice ??

Did you miss all the posts about not being able to spot reduce?