Just realized you can change the serving size

Options
I have been on here for years off and on. Been logging like a champ for 2 months and I just realized today I can change the serving size.

Example - I eat crackers with my chili but the serving size on the box and the scan is 5. I only eat 3. I have been approximating 3/5 (which is not an option). Then today I click on serving size and one cracker is an option!! So I pick 1 cracker and 3 servings.

Am I the only moron who didn't figure this out sooner?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Errrrrr

Ummmmm

Well at least you know now

:)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    :D

We're laughing with you, not at you.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Pro tip, on the website you can also put in a negative quantity. For instance, you order a Little Ceasar's small pizza without cheese. You can log a Little Ceasar's pizza and then do -.75 cup mozzarella (or whatever makes the most sense to you to use this handy feature).
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    :D

We're laughing with you, not at you.

Are we?
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Pro tip, on the website you can also put in a negative quantity. For instance, you order a Little Ceasar's small pizza without cheese. You can log a Little Ceasar's pizza and then do -.75 cup mozzarella (or whatever makes the most sense to you to use this handy feature).

Now that I did not know
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Now that I did not know

Ditto. Cool. Can't imagine WHY IN THE WIDE WORLD OF ALL THINGS RATIONAL AND SANE I personally would ever choose to eat pizza sans cheese (I love me all the cheese) but I imagine I could use that for something:)
  • neversaynever_43
    neversaynever_43 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing I paid attention when they went over fractions in 4th grade.

This is going to be so much easier!!!!

smh :D
  • Sued0nim
    Options

You did decimals too right? For when things are in 100g ?

(I like you. You made me smile)
  • neversaynever_43
    edited November 2015
    Options

How do you do a negative? Just noticed you said 'on the website'. Got it.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way: MFP was encouraging you to exercise your body AND your brain! Ha ha :)

It took me a long time to figure out I could weigh the entire after-cooked meal in a recipe and set the total weight as the number of servings, leaving me with 1 serving = 1 gram allowing me to weigh out whatever portions I wanted. I felt so silly when I figured it out… >_<
  • neversaynever_43
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

You did decimals too right? For when things are in 100g ?

(I like you. You made me smile)

I just noticed the decimals too!!!! ROFLMAO. I am dying over here.