Can someone please help me!!

Options
Can someone please explain what I should be eating and when, I work 4pm till midnight having my break at 8pm I have breakfast at about 9.30am my lunch about one and then I find im picking until 8 also I work at kfc so of I don't eat there I waste money buying lunch money that I don't have with a wedding on the near horizon

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Can you eat around 3-4 (before you go into work)?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When are you hungry?
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I worked somewhere where I couldn't eat whenever I wanted, I would eat my regular meal about two hours before my shift started, and bring a small snack to eat right before punching in. I'd eat something like yogurt and fruit, or a granola bar and nuts, something small but filling to keep my mind off food until my break.
  • chinny88
    chinny88 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I can but still end up picking all night cause I'm up till 12 I know its mostly will power but some of if is finding the right pattern for me
  • chinny88
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    When are you hungry?[/quotei guess mostly between about 5. & 7 and 9+11
    To
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Preplan your day and pack snacks. Then they are logged and there isn't a question about what or when to eat.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    if it were me, I'd eat right before work. Then pack snacks I like that would keep me away from work food. Then eat my dinner (also something I packed). Then eat more of my pre-packed snacks. If work provided me with free food, I'd take it home to eat for my meal just before work. (I worked pizza, so reheated pizza for lunch before work worked well)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    chinny88 wrote: »

I can but still end up picking all night cause I'm up till 12 I know its mostly will power but some of if is finding the right pattern for me

No one can answer that for you. You have to figure it out.

Part of hunger is dependent on routine. If you get into a routine of eating at regular times, you will become hungry at regular times. If you have to eat at a certain time, you can experiment with the meal before to figure out how much you need to eat to hold you over until the next meal.

You can also try waiting to eat until you feel real hunger, then eat within the hour after that.
  • chinny88
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    if it were me, I'd eat right before work. Then pack snacks I like that would keep me away from work food. Then eat my dinner (also something I packed). Then eat more of my pre-packed snacks. If work provided me with free food, I'd take it home to eat for my meal just before work. (I worked pizza, so reheated pizza for lunch before work worked well)

Omg I never thought of doing this :)
  • chinny88
    Options

No one can answer that for you. You have to figure it out.

Part of hunger is dependent on routine. If you get into a routine of eating at regular times, you will become hungry at regular times. If you have to eat at a certain time, you can experiment with the meal before to figure out how much you need to eat to hold you over until the next meal.

You can also try waiting to eat until you feel real hunger, then eat within the hour after that.

You've been so helpful thankyou
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I've worked that shift in the past. I just shifted everything to suit my work schedule. I had a big breakfast when I woke up, before I went to work. I ate a good sized meal during my break at work. And then had a smallish meal after I got home before bed.

Do you wake up early? That would make it much more difficult, because it sounds like you may not be getting enough sleep. I was sleeping till noonish or so and found that I wasn't ready for bed till really late, like 2 or 3 am.

As far as what you should eat, you should eat what you like that fits into your calorie goals.

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    You can get a calorie recommendation by putting your stats into MFP.

As to what to eat, you can eat food at KFC and still log it, lose weight. Go mostly for the grilled white meat, no skin. And stick to the standard serving sizes. Factor it into your day. If the meal at work is 'large' in relative terms of how it fits into your calories, then aim for smaller meals when not at work. And take in your own snacks perhaps.
    Can someone please explain what I should be eating and when, I work 4pm till midnight having my break at 8pm I have breakfast at about 9.30am my lunch about one and then I find im picking until 8 also I work at kfc so of I don't eat there I waste money buying lunch money that I don't have with a wedding on the near horizon

• chinny88
    Options
    Is my diary that's set for tomorrow good do you think please. Thanks everyone
  • katie_moreau
    katie_moreau Posts: 12 Member
    Options

You need to pack a "lunch" and bring it to work every day. Instead of eating there or spending money somewhere else, pack some veggies and hummus, an apple or banana, low-cal crackers/veggie chips and something like low cal soup or salad. Log all of your food and exercise and stop eating when you run out of calories.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You might want to find separate database entries for your crumpet, butter, and marmite. That way you can make sure the amount of butter and marmite you use is actually tracked correctly as opposed to relying on a random entry someone made.
  • chinny88
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    You might want to find separate database entries for your crumpet, butter, and marmite. That way you can make sure the amount of butter and marmite you use is actually tracked correctly as opposed to relying on a random entry someone made.

That's not on tomorrow but a great tip thsnkyou
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi I work 5 to 11. I found if I eat a larger meal like heavier in fat protein before work then I won't be hungry when I get home or at work. If I need to I eat a snack of yogurt or a sugar free mousse when I get home.

So I eat: generally around 10 eggs and veggie, 12 cottage cheese and salsa w avocado, 2 chicken and a veggie, 4 banana 6 Cobb salad 11 yogurt

Or take a made at home for your break then you don't need to buy lunches.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »

That's not on tomorrow but a great tip thsnkyou

Absolutely. Just weigh each item and enter the amount as you dish it or cook it. I feel like it would be so hard to make sure each time you're only having 2g of butter and 2g of marmite. I usually use about 2g for an egg, but sometimes it ends up being 3 or 4, and I don't fish it out of the hot pan!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want whenever you want. Weight loss is about the total calories consumed, not about timing or ingredients.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    For meals, i've had great luck and eat much more cheaply by prepping my meals ahead of time. If you had a freezer full of prepped, portioned meals (i get weekends off and make them then) you could always keep one or two thawing in the fridge. Take one of these to your work, and have it for lunch.

To address your snacking, consider bringing a bag of baby carrots to the walk in cooler. When you feel tempted to pick at something, stop yourself, walk back to the cooler, and eat one or two carrots. Do NOT take the bag out of the cooler with you. The goal is NOT to have a bunch of carrots to snack on, but to train yourself to delay gratification a moment, to be mindful, to recognize how your cravings hit, and then to reward yourself with something healthy.