Read this, take it serious... and go accomplish your goals!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    Eric Thomas PhD clearly isn't a mathematician.

He's a motivational speaker who calls himself, “ET, The Hip Hop Preacher”. His PhD is in Education Administration.

Here's one I like better: “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” - Mary Anne Radmacher

Love this.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    "Everybody talks about it, but not everybody is about it! Your dreams will never come true on 20% effort, 50% effort, or even 95% effort. The only way to make it do what it do, is to go ALL IN! That's 120% effort everyday, all day! Stop talking about it and be about it! You already know what your "sorta kinda want it" effort looks like. Aren't you tired of that? It's time to get real, get started and get it done. 120 Baby! Til the day I die!" - Eric Thomas Ph.D

What a pile of pseudo-inspirational mumbo-jumbo, stereotypical American stylee crap

Really, you people buy this?

I'm with @blankiefinder
    Beast mode and gutting it out is hard to sustain, and leads some people to yo-yo. Make changes that you can live with, and if you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.

And Dory from Nemo

Not all of us Americans buy into this. The only thing this mumbo jumbo motivates me to do is roll my eyes.

And +1 for what blankiefinder said. I'm not trying to burn myself out physically or mentally.

It is an American-thing, though. I think it's an effect of our rich history of very animated preachers. Americans kind of expect their inspiration to come with a show.
  • kgoldman19311
    kgoldman19311 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Despite the math puzzles noted above there are good points.

For me, beast mode is trying to make every day go in a positive direction towards my goal. If there is a day that isn't, I want to make sure the week sure is.

This is about accepting a new view of your lifestyle and not trying to set a bar that can't be met consistently, but one that gives you back what you owe yourself.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    Eric Thomas PhD clearly isn't a mathematician.

He's a motivational speaker who calls himself, “ET, The Hip Hop Preacher”. His PhD is in Education Administration.

Here's one I like better: “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” - Mary Anne Radmacher

Maybe ET should phone home for some math lessons... ;)

I love the second quote!

• davidaharsch
    davidaharsch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lol some of you guys don't get it. Of course there can't be 120% effort given. But this effort is not talking about physically pushing yourself everday. It's the decision you make everyday that are going to get you closer to your goals. Of course you are not going to give 100% effort eveytime you workout, but it's the fact that even on those bad days you still did it. Making healthy choices on what you eat everyday is the effort. Getting the proper rest etc. It's a process but it's about a continuous process.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    You can technically only give 100% but I love the message.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Inspirational quotes just don't do it for me... And you can't give 120%