i cant find the meal with the correct calories =(

Options
Hey,

I had an Asda good for you Chicken tikka masala with rice (chilled) 400g, this is on the MFP database as 323 calories however the exact meal as stated was 459 calories on the packet .

Does anyone know why this is different and how I change it to the correct calorie amount on my diary? =/

Thanks!

Replies

• RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can enter the food as a new one with the nutritional information you have in front of you and use it instead. I came across the same thing when I was cooking yesterday. Sometimes the manufacturers change the ingredients and/or amount in the package and don't necessarily tell anybody.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    When you look for it in the database it will say: is this data correct? you click no and it will let you edit it and save it.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    you could enter it as 1.42 servings to get the calorie count to match exactly, or you can enter the item as a personal food if you'll be eating it again.
  • mel_21
    mel_21 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks very much =)

stress over! hehe x
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You can also quick add calories for the difference. I do this if I'm in a hurry. I don't keep track of anything except calories though so if you're watching sodium or something, then it will be inaccurate...
  • mel_21
    Options
    Thanks again =) however! still in a slight dilemma.

When I enter my own details it is saying that this item already exists which obviously is true however with the different number of calories.

Should I just do the quick add?

Mel x
  • sue2110
    sue2110 Posts: 12
    Options
    was it frozen or chilled?
  • mel_21
    Options
    it was chilled =)
  • sue2110
    sue2110 Posts: 12
    Options
    sorry just seen the chilled bit lol x
  • Stuartm1
    Stuartm1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    yes because if you add the correct details others can use it. I somtimes think some people who add items can't read!!!!!!!!!!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Add it but give it a distinct name, perhaps add the country to the item (some products have regional ingredients / caloric variations) so I know when I'm adding a fast-food burger to look for the ones tagged with Canada
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You must realize that there are people on this site that are from the USA, Canada and overseas - we have different food regulations that are control by each country so of course if the foods are manufactured and packaged in these countries it will be different.

As others have said, find the food, answer that it is wrong, edit and marked down what you changed when the question is asked at the end - then use it in your own food diary.

Hope this helps !
  • mel_21
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I just put (scotland) at the front of the description and it let me add it.

actually forgot about all the countries having different descriptions n such lol OOPS. :blushing:

Appreciate all the help x