Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercising w/ Slimmer Belt

My dad who is trying to lose weight as well bought one of these "slimming" belts about a month or more ago and never has used it. So, today I gave the thing a try and used it only to exercise in. I do power walking on my wii fit board lol (for 30 minutes) does anyone have anything good/bad to say about these belts? If its unsafe or beneficial at all... Thanks in advance for any replies...

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    There is no such thing a spot reduction. The only thing it might make you sweat a little more.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    I have several friends who use those "slimming" belts.... doesn't look like it works to me.
  • lorenbomb
    lorenbomb Posts: 8 Member
    RGv2 wrote: »
    There is no such thing a spot reduction. The only thing it might make you sweat a little more.
    I agree with you... But yeah it did make me sweat more then usual.. That and it helped my posture is about the only two things I can say that it helped with.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    sweating doesn't mean anything other than you are sweating
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    I have several friends who use those "slimming" belts.... doesn't look like it works to me.

Lol