Jillian Michaels 6 Week Six-Pack Dvd, Anyone doing it,If so

Calif_Girl67
Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi there,

I just got my Jillian Michaels 6 week Six-Pack and haven't tried it yet but getting ready to. Im wondering
if anyone has tried this dvd and if so what do we log it under? Strength Training or Cardio? And I am guessing
that since this is for the Abs that this would be something that would help build muscle rather then cardio?

Thanks, Can't wait to try this dvd.

Replies

• jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    I log it as cardio. I have a HRM to calculate calories. It is really cardio intensive! Enjoy.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    I am not doing this workout but I log all my workouts whether cardio, strength training or whatever under cardio. The reason is if you don't log it as cardio then the calories burned don't count on this system. Not sure why they do that but for some reason they do.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    If you have an HRM log it under cardio and create your own exercise putting in the number of calories you burned. If you don't have an HRM log it under circuit training.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    I do have a HRM w/Strap and I usually logg my dvd's rather then using what MFP has listed depending on what it is.
    I do alot of Dvd's and have several JMichaels as well as Leslie Sansone. I also have 1 Tae Bo. So this Dvd is not
    considered Strength training? I can't wait to try it. Thanks
  • She uses HITT training so you're doing cardio intervals AND strength training. I just started the second one yesterday and it seems to have more cardio than the first. It's really tough! But totally worth it! I basically noticed results overnight!
  • ji225
    ji225 Posts: 89 Member
    Wow have you started doing level 2 of 6 week six pack??? I have been doing level 1 only for the past month and fater watching level 2 I am too scared to try it as my back is not as strong as it should be - does it make your back sore??

Thanks,
    Jenny
This discussion has been closed.