Hi New Mom Need Friends/Motivators

Options
I just had a baby 3 weeks ago via Emergency C-Section. I was on strict Bed Rest for over two months which for my husband meant fast food every night for two months. Not joking from McDonald's to Arby's to pizza. I gained 60+lbs!! So I need friends on here who post and are active on MyFitnessPal, because it will help motivate me and I would love to talk and post and help motivate others as they will help motivate me. I did newborn pictures with my son and I was huge and devestated I would like for his 6 month pictures to have a hot mama in them! :) So let's do this and add me!

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,079 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the MyFitnessPal community!!
  • juanitastackhouse
    Options
    Heyo! I also gained 60+ when I was pregnant. I didn't get around to starting to lose until kiddo was over a year old, but I'm now back down to pre pregnancy! Yay! I've been sort of hovering here for a month or so, but am officially back at it. I'm aiming for mid range healthy bmi (currently higher range healthy bmi). Plus, you know, vanity. Haha. I'd like to be in the best shape of my life! I can keep up with my sweet boy, and I know if I hadn't made positive changes, it'd be a bit tougher to do (turns out 'toddling' is not a slow speed). I'd like to be able to play sports with him without a second thought, and teach him to have better habits than I've had. You know, mom stuff. Haha. You can do it mamma! Add me! And keep at it :). You'll do great. Glad you and baby are doing well!
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    New mama here as well! Little one is two months old and I need to lose 40+ pounds. I was already a little overweight pre-pregnancy so I want to lose 20 pounds of the remaining baby weight plus 20+ more to be in a healthy place while my little continues to grow and become more active.
  • zagbee
    zagbee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new little one! I have an almost 9 month old son and a 2 year old daughter. I was on strict bed rest with both babies and it is really what I contribute to my weight gain. I didn't get it under control in between the two, unfortunately. I've been working on a lifestyle change for myself and my family and I am super close to finally getting back to where I started before I got pregnant with my first. I plan to lose another 20 or so lbs on top of that. I am relatively active here so feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • xcantore
    xcantore Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I gained tons of weight with my three pregnancies but don't worry you can take the lbs off! Let's do this together. Feel free to add me as friend. We can do it!☺
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, if you want to. I started gaining before I got pregnant and kept putting on while I was. After giving birth no weight went away. I lost some recently and then I decided to start working harder and created my account. It helps a lot