Suggestions of workouts to do at home?

I'm still a bit reclusive due to my weight (working at it) so I don't go to gyms. Does anyone have any suggestions for at home workouts to do maybe on youtube or other streaming programs? I still use my treadmill and do my strength training with my hand weights, but I'd like to step it up at this point in time. Thanks so much

Replies

• DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Fitness Blender offers a great deal of options you may (or may not) find interesting.

A TON of posts on this similar topic on the forums here. Give the search function a try - may be quite a bit that turns up.

fyi... I'm also a home gym person...
  • sherena123
    sherena123 Posts: 3 Member
    I workout to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It's a 20 min workout and it's for real a workout!!!
  • frankie_xox
    frankie_xox Posts: 46 Member
    I do Buti Yoga at home. It's best if you have some yoga background, but it's not necessary. You can subscribe for $13/month, which gets you four different workouts each week. (Or you can do a full subscription with like 100 workouts to choose from and 4 new ones are added every month, but that is probably more than you're looking for). You can also find some free Buti Yoga workouts on YouTube and there is a free one if you subscribe to the newsletter on the website. This is the only exercise I've ever found fun (and there's also a great supportive Facebook group where all the women support each other)
  • moog54
    moog54 Posts: 67 Member
    I have a 'playstation2 with the eyetoy camera' (I know its a bit old but it does what I want), I only have fitness programs for this like 'Kinetics' and dance programs. The programs are very intense and varied. But in the privacy of my home I work out as hard or as little as I want. I also use 'Shaun Ts Hiphop abs' videos, and David Carradines Tai Chi to wind down.
  • Mjq2020
    Mjq2020 Posts: 8 Member
    DM01234 wrote: »
    Fitness Blender offers a great deal of options you may (or may not) find interesting.

A TON of posts on this similar topic on the forums here. Give the search function a try - may be quite a bit that turns up.

fyi... I'm also a home gym person...
    sherena123 wrote: »
    I workout to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It's a 20 min workout and it's for real a workout!!!
    I do Buti Yoga at home. It's best if you have some yoga background, but it's not necessary. You can subscribe for $13/month, which gets you four different workouts each week. (Or you can do a full subscription with like 100 workouts to choose from and 4 new ones are added every month, but that is probably more than you're looking for). You can also find some free Buti Yoga workouts on YouTube and there is a free one if you subscribe to the newsletter on the website. This is the only exercise I've ever found fun (and there's also a great supportive Facebook group where all the women support each other)

Thank You everyone, these are all great! And very helpful. I will check all of them out. Have already checked out Fitness Blender and it's GREAT!! I really appreciate the input and help. You guys are awesome!!!