Whole Wheat Bread for Pizza Crust?????

amandavictoria80
amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
I want to make a small pizza but don't really want to use the pizza crusts I have. I was thinking of using the end pieces of the wholewheat bread I have. I am not sure if this would work. Maybe the bread would get too soggy. IDK.

What do you think? Thanks! :)

Replies

• FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    What about doing whole wheat thin pizza crust? That is what I do when I do homemade.
  • amandavictoria80
    I am not able to go to the store short notice. I think I might leave the pizza and eat something else. :)
  • Or you can use the whole wheat tortillas wraps. Its pretty good, quick, and cheap!
    Spread alittle sauce on it put your toppings on and add a little cheese, pop it in the micowave for about a min and its done!
  • mjsweet
    mjsweet Posts: 3
    I have used english muffins. And it works good and tastes good.
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    It'll work, but it'll just taste like bread with sauce and cheese. That would be enough to fix a pizza craving, perhaps. You'll need to toast the bread first so that it doesn't get soggy.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Do it! I would just lightly toast the bread first, then add sauce and cheese and pop under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    I've used bread for a mini pizza before. It does the job of wanting pizza w/o the calories. Buns do make the best pizza though but just put in the oven and carefully watch as the bread will burn quickly.
  • Brinklj
    Brinklj Posts: 10 Member
    Those "flat out" sandwich wraps make pretty good pizza crust for just 90 calories. That's what we had for dinner.
  • amandavictoria80
    Awesome comments! Thanks to everyone!!! :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    If you toast the bread first and then add a little sauce and cheese and bake til the cheese is melted. I use to make them like that all the time.
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    tortillas work great, both flour and corn depending on your taste
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Whole Wheat pita bread also is fantastic for pizzas!
This discussion has been closed.