The importance of Progress Pictures

Options
So I've been a little bummed I've been logging for just under a month and I am a daily weigh-er. I keep track of everything on my Libra app for android. I'm a little bummed I am only down 10 pounds but with daily weight fluctuations I see the number jump up and down by about 5 pounds depending on the day. Back on day seven I took my first set of Pictures. Today (day 27) I took another set.

Check out the difference "just 10 pounds" can make.
xRPAI44.jpg
yxs90DX.jpg

Replies

• bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can absolutely see a difference, particularly in the way your shirt hangs (hanging more naturally in the second pic, without the fabric pulling across the hips). Great idea to take photos wearing the same outfit, too. This is a great motivator, and emphasizes that progress is about so much more than the number on the scale.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Great idea to take photos wearing the same outfit, too.

I actually decided to do that because I kept seeing progress pictures on reddit and people were using the same clothes to show off the weight loss. Also this is a fairly frequent outfit for work so I just snap my picture when I work third shift.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are doling well. :) Keep updating us.
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    Thanks. I plan on it. This time around I am finding more motivation from participating in the community both here and on reddit's r/loseit.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wow thats so incredible, great work!!
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    brb2008 wrote: »
    Wow thats so incredible, great work!!

Thank you so much.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just took some myself, because I havent in a loooong time haha. I would just love the surprise of seeing a photo of myself looking that much better in my clothes!
  • RWC10025
    RWC10025 Posts: 90 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You absolutely can see some sliming around your stomach .. imagine what 10 pounds of a very large roast beef looks like. You lost that and it shows.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Looking good already!
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    Thanks guys.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Next time you're in the supermarket pick up ten pounds of butter. That's the way I think about pounds. Ten is great to have lost!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wow! You really can see a tangible difference, well done to you.

You've inspired me. I've not done anything similar before but I think I will now? I usually lose 8lbs-10lbs, feel like it's not really happening for me and throw the towel in. This could really help!

Now, to pick an outfit I wear a lot...
  • RWC10025
    RWC10025 Posts: 90 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I'm also inspired to keep photo diary . <3
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    natajane wrote: »
    Wow! You really can see a tangible difference, well done to you.

You've inspired me. I've not done anything similar before but I think I will now? I usually lose 8lbs-10lbs, feel like it's not really happening for me and throw the towel in. This could really help!

Now, to pick an outfit I wear a lot...
    RWC10025 wrote: »

I'm also inspired to keep photo diary . <3

Thank you guys so much. I've never inspired anyone before.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    great idea. I wish I had more progress pictures! I got a few before/afters but would have loved to journal it better!!
    looks great. Keep it up and keep us posted
  • MartinCanDoThisWithGodsHelp
    Options
    Congrats!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! I agree that people need other metrics than the scale. I have lost over 30 lbs and am more or less in maintenance, but didn't take photos or measurements. I wish that I had, because my relationship with the scale is not always very positive, even now as I'm at goal.