Losing body fat percentage

How exactly do I lose body fat percentage?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    You say your body fat is 29% on another post. You need to do some form of resistance training while losing weight. When you get to around 24% you can switch to maintain and focus on lifting.
  • JocelynDeshane
    JocelynDeshane Posts: 109 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You say your body fat is 29% on another post. You need to do some form of resistance training while losing weight. When you get to around 24% you can switch to maintain and focus on lifting.

Your super smart when it comes to this stuff I want to do carb cycling what are a list of low-carb foods and high-carb foods??
  • JocelynDeshane
    usmcmp wrote: »

Also what kind of resistance training do you recommend
  • usmcmp
    Carb cycling isn't necessary for fat loss. If you are going to do carb cycling you should look into the different methods of doing it before just jumping into randomly cutting out carbs.
  • JocelynDeshane
    I'm not doing that for fat loss.
  • taylorlucas13
    taylorlucas13 Posts: 5 Member
    In order to lose body fat percentage, you need to consume less calories than you burn. In other words, you need to be in a calorie deficit. Strength training does help. More muscle mass burns more calories throughout the day. But when losing fat, diet is the number one thing you should focus on. Try researching iifym. Iifym got me down to 10% body fat. If that is too much to worry about, figure out how many calories you need to maintain your weight and decrease it by about 300-500 calories.
  • usmcmp
    I'm not doing that for fat loss.

Then why would you carb cycle? Do you understand the point behind carb cycling?
  • usmcmp
    In order to lose body fat percentage, you need to consume less calories than you burn. In other words, you need to be in a calorie deficit. Strength training does help. More muscle mass burns more calories throughout the day. But when losing fat, diet is the number one thing you should focus on. Try researching iifym. Iifym got me down to 10% body fat. If that is too much to worry about, figure out how many calories you need to maintain your weight and decrease it by about 300-500 calories.

Strength training is to maintain lean mass, which happens when you diet no matter how you eat. Also, 10% for a female is as low as a woman could go without serious organ damage and outside of competitive bodybuilders women just don't get that low. 10% is also unsustainable for longer than a few weeks.

This is 10%
    female-8-9-percent-body-fat.jpg
  • taylorlucas13
    I understand. I don't sit at 10% year round. More like 15%. But in order to decrease your body fat percentage, you have to decrease your body fat. Aka lose fat
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I understand. I don't sit at 10% year round. More like 15%. But in order to decrease your body fat percentage, you have to decrease your body fat. Aka lose fat

Where do you compete. You must if you get to 10%.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    I'm sorry BUT 10% is NOT attractive. Perhaps that's just me but...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    pondee629 wrote: »

I'm not sure what this has to do with the thread.
  • Hornsby
    pondee629 wrote: »

12246993_969816903089219_8980447442051208295_n.jpg
  • usmcmp

Then you are a competitive bodybuilder? I have competed twice and didn't get down to 10% for either show. I still placed first in heavyweight and second overall.
  • taylorlucas13
    I actually compete in CrossFit. I had my body fat tested last year using the bod pod and underwater weighing and I got 10.7%. I was surprised as I don't look that lean, but the bod pod is supposed to be one of the most accurate. Also, I don't care what other think about my body. It's my body and I've worked hard for it.
  • Hornsby
    I actually compete in CrossFit. I had my body fat tested last year using the bod pod and underwater weighing and I got 10.7%. I was surprised as I don't look that lean, but the bod pod is supposed to be one of the most accurate. Also, I don't care what other think about my body. It's my body and I've worked hard for it.

Would love to see picture. To be frank, I find it hard to believe, and if you are a legit 10% would love to pick your brain on how you got there as it's pretty difficult to do so you would obviously know your stuff. What is your age/stats/routine etc?
    11z4n582c8xi.jpeg

Also for reference.

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Would love to see picture. To be frank, I find it hard to believe, and if you are a legit 10% would love to pick your brain on how you got there as it's pretty difficult to do so you would obviously know your stuff. What is your age/stats/routine etc?
    Age is 20 according to her profile. I'd love to know the lifting stats/routine as well.
  • Hornsby
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Age is 20 according to her profile. I'd love to know the lifting stats/routine as well.
    Thanks, I see the age now. Was on my phone and couldn't get it load on her profile to see. I can see now on the computadora...
  • JocelynDeshane
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Thanks, I see the age now. Was on my phone and couldn't get it load on her profile to see. I can see now on the computadora...

I would like to get to 15-20%

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member

Why om earth do you need to lose weight!! What weight? At 10 -15 % there isn't anything to take from .lol