Festive month ahead...

Options
HughesHanny
HughesHanny Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi all

We all know that the festive period is the hardest time of year to stick to our healthy eating and fitness plans.

I'm already slipping from mine and would appreciate any support and motivation you could offer... maybe even a challenge.

With a month of festive food and drink temptations, this year I'd like to lose half a stone rather than gain half a stone in December!

Who would like to join me??

Would be nice to get some friends on here too xx

Replies

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    How do you log your food. Do you pre-log? This helps me see how many calories I have left to play around with. This can help you enjoy some of your favorite holiday treats without going over your calorie limit!
  • HughesHanny
    HughesHanny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How do you log your food. Do you pre-log? This helps me see how many calories I have left to play around with. This can help you enjoy some of your favorite holiday treats without going over your calorie limit!

That's a really good tip... thanks very much:)

I think I need to remind myself every now and then that if I do have a little treat, it's not game over (with an excuse to go all out and eat the contents of the sweets aisle at Tesco)!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I just don't treat the entire months as a free for all...I still do my thing and eat well and exercise regularly. I enjoy my feast days and I'll hit a couple of holiday parties but other than that, it's business as usual.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options

That's a really good tip... thanks very much:)

I think I need to remind myself every now and then that if I do have a little treat, it's not game over (with an excuse to go all out and eat the contents of the sweets aisle at Tesco)!!

My pleasure! Just make your treats fit within your calorie goals. :) Lots of people around here eat chocolate, cookies, ice cream on a regular basis. It can be done! Heck, I had a chocolate bar last night and it was delicious.