new and LOVE this!!!!

Options
I am new (2nd day) to this and let me just say- I FREAKING love this!!! I have told my friends, family and everyone I know that is trying to get in shape and/or lose weight to check this out. It seems so easy!! I just had my 2nd baby 9 weeks ago today and have some baby weight to lose, so this is perfect and I am so excited!!! what a great idea for a support system.
anyone have any tips or advice for a newbie like me?? thanks everyone!!

Replies

• sec818
    sec818 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any advice because I'm new to MFP also! Congrats on the new baby!! And good luck with your weight loss!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Make sure you log EVERYTHING, even if you know it will make you go over your calories. In the beginning I found it very helpful to sort out when I was overeating and how to avoid it.
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    Not a ton of advice but just track your calories, water intake and get your work outs in. This website is amazing!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I have been on for 3 months and love it. Here's my advice:

1. Make lots of friends--it's great motivation and you can peruse their food diaries (if they are open) to get great meal ideas.
    2. Open your food diary (at least to your MFP friends) so they can give you specific feedback/advice on what you are eating.
    3. Read the message boards and blogs--there's so much great information and the success stories are very encouraging.
    4. http://www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/

Good luck and feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined in March and love this site as well. I have the app on my phone as well, so if you have a droid (I think it works with iphone too) then definitely download it. It makes life easier if you are on the run, eating out, etc.

I agree with what others said. Definitely make friends...having a good support system here will work wonders! No one will understand what you are going through on your weightloss journey like we will. Definitely log everything you eat, good bad or other. Also open up your diary to your MFP friends, it makes you more accountable for what you eat. My food intake has improved so much since I joined this site. The forum is great for advice, recipes, any questions that you may have.

I hope this helps. Feel free to friend me if you like. Good luck on your journey!
  • CTLODEN
    CTLODEN Posts: 5
    Options
    They have MFP for Android, iPhone, and Blackberry. My daughter gave me an iPhone 4 for Mother's Day and that's what got me started. I joined in late April but didn't really get serious until yesterday. I love it that MFP can go with me wherever I am. It' so easy to log on the go. My BMI is 47 so my daughter's gift, along with MFP, could very well be saving my life. I wish you great success! :happy:
  • CTLODEN
    CTLODEN Posts: 5
    Options
    They have MFP for Android, iPhone, and Blackberry. My daughter gave me an iPhone 4 for Mother's Day and that's what got me started. I joined in late April but didn't really get serious until yesterday. I love it that MFP can go with me wherever I am. It' so easy to log on the go. My BMI is 47 so my daughter's gift, along with MFP, could very well be saving my life. I wish you great success! :happy: