Wearing a bikini when overweight?

Options
I know most people believe that anyone who is overweight should not wear bikinis, but I'm the type of person that feels if someone is comfortable and confident enough to wear one then they should, and if others don't like it, they don't have to look lol.

My point is, we are thinking of getting a pool soon and I don't own a bathing suit because I haven't been swimming in FOREVER, and was thinking of buying a bikini since I've lost about 50 pounds and plan to lose more. I've NEVER worn anything but a one piece before and thought it might be a nice change. Anyway, I have a few full body pictures on my page and was wondering if anyone could tell me if this would be a bad idea, lol. Honest opinions!

Replies

• mgis11
    mgis11 Posts: 7
    Options
    don't let other peoples opinions bother you!! if you feel confident enough then DO IT! this transformation is all about you and how you feel!

:happy:
  • jbhappywife
    Options
    I say work it, girl!
    You have much to be proud of and can show off! You are beautiful and you don't even LOOK that overweight. You should rock it if you are comfortable and proud of the hard work you've done! :)
  • Lithlyrian
    Options
    One of your goals is to "be able to wear a bikini" - if you already feel a pull in that direction, I would say you are ready for it :) You're doing great - you've definitely earned the right to wear it!
  • Jadesmommy2003
    Jadesmommy2003 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    First of all, you are right.. who care what other people think..., I cheated and bought a monokini when I was competing because I was too scared to go full bikini. If you can be comfortable, rock that bikini! You look great
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Go for it! treat yourself to a cute bathing suit of your choice
    you have earned it
  • blackpearlgrl
    blackpearlgrl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes of course you should. Sounds like your proud of what you worked so hard to lose. So go for it. There is no greater beauty than a woman who is confident within herself. That is what stands out most. Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    You'll look terrific!! I took a peek at your profile photos and I think you'll look great in one! Have fun shopping:wink::flowerforyou:
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You can totally rock a two piece. Find one that fits well and is flattering and you will feel like a million bucks. Because really it isn't that much more skin than a one piece.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've ALWAYS worn a bikini and i've always been overweight! I feel much sexier in that than I do a one-piece. So who cares! What matters is how it makes YOU feel.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Go for it! You are beautiful because you are confident!
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Your not that fat, so go ahead.
    It only looks bad on people who are really fat.
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with you wearing whatever pleases you. Your doing the hard work trying to lose some weight. The only person you really need to ask is yourself. Just go for it an enjoy yourself. I never worry about what other's think. It could be good or bad, you may never know... don't worry about it at all. :flowerforyou:
  • Shortyburb
    Shortyburb Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well my first thought was... Its your pool...lol. Its one of your goals and you want to try it out so go for it! I have to wear bikinis. Even at my heaviest I wore bikinis because one pieces and almost all tankinis wont fit me right. My chest it to big compared to my small waist for them to fit me. Im not that sad about it ;)
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Honestly you look fine for wearing a bikini but it's hard to tell under clothes.

I sent a picture of myself wearing my bikini to a friend whom I trust to be honest. She said. "You look chubby but I don't want to gouge my eyes out."

IMO that's acceptable.

I got up the courage to wear my bikini to the lake last week and dear lord I definitely did not look bad compared to some of the women there who were much much bigger and wearing much much smaller bathing suits. I hate to be rude but I cannot unsee the nightmarish things I have seen!