30-22-32

Options
Is anyone on here a size zero? If so, what are your measurements? (if you don't mind me asking :p) The post title are the measurements I got from the internet, but the measurements on clothes and the measurements that you actually have to be to fit into those clothes don't always match. There is no 'size zero' where I live and I have only every seen ONE pair of size four jeans (American size zero) so I can't even go to a store and try on size zero clothes to see how much more I have to lose, lol. Seems kinda silly I guess... Wanting to be a size that will be impossible to buy for... As it is I often shop in the kids department for basics :p:p

Thanks! :)

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Is anyone on here a size zero? If so, what are your measurements? (if you don't mind me asking :p) The post title are the measurements I got from the internet, but the measurements on clothes and the measurements that you actually have to be to fit into those clothes don't always match. There is no 'size zero' where I live and I have only every seen ONE pair of size four jeans (American size zero) so I can't even go to a store and try on size zero clothes to see how much more I have to lose, lol. Seems kinda silly I guess... Wanting to be a size that will be impossible to buy for... As it is I often shop in the kids department for basics :p:p

Thanks! :)

I am totally NOT a size zero.
    The reason I am posting is because my measurements are 35-25-33. and I wear a size 5/6 jeans comfortably. (American size, not sure where you are from) Personally, I wear low riding jeans, right on my hips.. so, 33.
    I can fit into a size 2/4 (really depending on the brand) but they are still a little snug :)

Just letting you know that!
    And also, why not try focusing on just getting healthier and more fit and feel better about your size and everything! Who cares about the numbers !! :P
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Also wanted to add:

I think the last time I fit into a size Zero american size was when I was like in 5th grade and didn't develop my woman hips yet.
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I agree - why be a size zero? Unless you are 5’0” or shorter, being a zero would mean you were doing things to your body that would have serious long term consequences - I'm talking not being able to have children, heart attacks, being stuck on kidney dialysis like an old man at age 30 - not fun or beautiful things at all.

As someone who was once on that bandwagon - jump off. Find someone who will help you learn to love yourself and get off.

Make your goals about being healthy, strong, and happy!
  • samntim
    samntim Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, weigh 57kg and wear an Australian size 8 jeans and a US size 4/5. When I was in the US last year I had a look at a size 0 just because I had never seen any, and I was AMAZED at how teensy it was!

Now that I have seen how big (or small) they were, I cannot honestly believe the celebs who are my height and say they can fit into them, unless they have a VERY small frame size. :noway: Given that there's no way of reducing bone size, the only way I consider losing enought weight to get into a size 0 would be if it was something that didn't have to go over my hip bones. So I guess that would be socks! hahaha! :laugh:

My measurement at my hip bone is 33 but at the top of my legs (biggest part of my butt) is 36, although I'm not sure if I have measured right???

I wear Size 5, LA Idol skinny jeans.

What's your height and weight?
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    before, its worth working out if that would actually be possible for your frame without becoming actually emaciated. Im saying this as someone who generally likes the thin look, but for me personally my frame wouldnt get that small. I dont think i could get much smaller than an 8 (4) just because of how wide my pelvis and ribcage is, so if i was set on dropping 2 more sizes from that, i dont even think my dead skeleton would acheive it.

usually the people who are a size zero are very small all over, short and with a childish frame, and its not something they need to try hard to acheive IYSWIM. make sure your goals are acheivable otherwise youre sabotaging your own happiness in life.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    i also think that a lot of the celebs who say they are that size, actually arent.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    I guess youd just know. Maybe it is possible for you if you feel like youve still got room to drop 1/2 more sizes. Good luck, but please try and keep your health while you do it, cos thats not always possible to regain later if you go too far under.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    i take it youre around 5 ft 6 then/ 5ft 7 if youre a 2/4 at that weight?
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    When I looked it up on wikipedia a while back, size 0 encompassed a huge range of sizes, going right up to what was a size 10 (UK) in my youth (a 24 inch waist).

I want to get pregnant again soon, so there's no way I would risk having that kind of goal, at least for the moment. I would kind of like to play with the boundaries of how my body can look, but I suspect if I lost any more weight now my family would start force feeding me, and they might have a point!

I want to weigh 55kg, but weigh 53.9kg this morning, and I'm 165cm.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    i think starvation mode is only a minor consideration tbh, and only a theory anyway.

I was more thinking of stuff like your bone density, your future fertility, your hormone balance and possibly your mental health.

I understand the journey. I think when youre going to extremes, you need to work out whether your goal is something you want to, or CAN maintain, or whether you just want to see whether you can do it. Sometimes goals can be unrealistic, and you look at thinsperation etc but youre looking at people naturally built like that. If you see someone with the wrong build whos got to a very low weight, it looks very different, and not attractive, it just looks shocking and unhealthy. If youre going for that look, its worth looking at what you like about it and what youre actually admiring. Is it the willpower and control, or do you think its actually pretty. You also need to take into account that its quite risky, and a lot of people who try to hard to get to a weight theyre not naturally built for, die trying :o(.

Im saying all this stuff whilst not knowing your build, height and never having seen a photo of you etc, so take from it what you will
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    :o)

good luck, and just make sure youve got a goal and know when to stop x
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i take it youre around 5 ft 6 then/ 5ft 7 if youre a 2/4 at that weight?

Top secret... Lol. I get tired of the 'healthy weight range' lectures :p

I think if you are getting these lectures so frequently, it may be a sign you are ALREADY the "thin and beautiful" you mention later. Really, really be careful. When you decide to take care of your body (which means feeding it enough, so it gets the nutrients it needs to do basic maintenance, and loving your third dimension), there are lots of people here who have struggled with disordered eating and body image dysmoprhia that would love to support you on your journey back to positive health.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, weigh 57kg and wear an Australian size 8 jeans and a US size 4/5. When I was in the US last year I had a look at a size 0 just because I had never seen any, and I was AMAZED at how teensy it was!

Now that I have seen how big (or small) they were, I cannot honestly believe the celebs who are my height and say they can fit into them, unless they have a VERY small frame size.

Kim Kardashian claimed to be a size 0 and I literally started laughing. Most who say they're a size 0 are lying!