Hi MY NAME IS MEG AND I NEED A BUDDY

Options
Having lost 25kg a couple of years ago, I assumed that I could do it again easily, so I waited for the sign I was ready, I waited for the right time, I waited and waited and ate and ate and still I waited.

But I am not waiting any longer I seriously want to get back to a healthy life style. I want to go shopping and not get sore feet to fit into the seatbelt on an airplane without praying first, and I want to feel confident and sexy.

I have bought all the books and CD's (I even read some of them), I know why I am overweight and I am at peace with all of that now, but enough is enough.

Now is the time to become Meg again

I am looking for a buddy or two to help me on the journey

Me:flowerforyou:

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome meg!

we have all had those light bulb moments when we realised we werent happy and decided to do something positive about it. Sounds like you are ready for this! add as many friends as you can to help keep you on track, mfp has a fab community which helps to keep you on track on good days and bad! :)
  • MCrome
    MCrome Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hey buddy =]
    You can do this xxx
  • slimdownmike
    Options
    Hi, good luck and well done for realising that you can't keep waiting for the 'right' time - it pretty much never comes. Choose now!

Mike
  • ilovemyjacks
    Options
    I think we are in similar boats. I kept putting it off too and I've finally had enough. I'd love to be buddies so we can support each other.
  • nads2184
    nads2184 Posts: 124
    Options
    you have made a great step, and this site will help tremendously. Good luck with it all, there is ample support and motivation. Feel free to add me.x lets go on the ride simmutaneously. x
  • iStace2000
    iStace2000 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi Meg. I too lost about 25 kg a few years ago. I started gaining it all back when my partner and I got together. We discovered a mutual love of cheese, wine, boutique beer, bread and being lazy. I think I had it in the back of my mind that losing all the weight I was gaining would be as easy as it was the first time, it's not though. It's a hell of a lot harder and I wish I had made a commitment to lose the weight earlier!

Good on you for realizing that NOW is exactly the right time to start. :)
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    Hi Meg,

Welcome to MFP .... I think getting a support network of friends on here is so important! They celebrate with you through the good bits (and there'll be MANY of those!) and motivate you through the bad bits.

I also think the best thing you can teach yourself is the ability to not be perfect! This needs to be a lifestyle you're going to maintain forever and its not realistic to expect yourself to be perfect all the time so when you have an off day and go over your calories or make unhealthy choices don't see it as 'failing', see it as inevitable - because the quicker you stop the guilt and stop beating yourself up the quicker you can get back on the wagon!

Good luck, and feel free to add me if you're still beefing up your friends list :o)
  • bicestertwinmum
    Options
    Hi Meg,

i'm the same - have lost loads of weight in the past and then its slowly (or not so slowly!) crept back on - have been putting it off for too long - so here I am! Feel free to add me - need some buddies to help me along the way

Helen xx
  • soniamb
    soniamb Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Meg,
    Congrats on making the decision to lead a healthier life.
    This site is get for tips and support.
    Feel free to add me as a friend :)
    Sonia
  • noni77
    noni77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg

I can relate to what you have written in your post.

I have just joined the site too, and I have no doubt it will be really helpful.

Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:

Leonie
  • RunnerGirlForJesus
    Options
    Hi Meg. I am looking for new. female friends on MFP. I would love to be friends. I am a 35 yof with 5 kids. Just add me. Jess
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    Anyone can add me if they wish. I've been here for over a month, and I've missed my old support network from FatSecret.com..... I've reached my goal weight, and I'm now struggling to maintain and not lose anymore. I have my own issues with food/eating, but I have gained quite a bit of info on nutrition and fitness now. ^_^ We're all here to help ourselves as well as give support to others
  • kristin335
    kristin335 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi Meg,
    Great job on making this first step to a healthier you! Feel free to add me as a friend! Best of luck!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Sent you a friend message.

WELCOME!!!
  • SJeens
    SJeens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg, I am looking for some support too. Wish you luck. Sheila
  • llkeefe
    llkeefe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! You can do it! If you need any support, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sugar66
    sugar66 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi Meg

I too like you lost a lot of weight (6 stone) and sadly put it all back on when i stopped following the plan so here i go once again to try and lose it once more.

I'm a 45 year old mum of two who also is disabled with limited mobility so struggle to lose weight, but i know i need too, and like you would love friends to both help and gain support from, we all know we can do it but with the help of friends we hopefully get there quicker.
  • gayle80
    gayle80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg! I've just joined MFP and could definitely do with some support also - nothing like a bt of mutual cheerleading to get us through :) feel free to add me! Take care, Gayle