For weight loss.. Do you follow any eating plan?

Options
2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I tried WW for a short time, but it seemed like a black hole because I was used to calorie counting. I really had no idea of how my good fit into the points. Counting cals us much more straightforward to me.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I use the MFP eating plan.

Right now I'm eating 1300 calories per day, adjusting for exercise (but I'm very conservative with exercise calories - the gym machine says I burned over 300, I will take 175 or maybe 185 if I feel I really did a workout; Zumba - MFP exercise counter says 750+ calories, I'll take 300 or 350, maybe..etc)

Every day I try to meet my nutrient goals as laid out by MFP - the amount of protein, fat, vitamins, fiber, etc. for general health purposes (not for weight loss specifically). I try to avoid going over on my sodium because it makes me retain water but I don't stress over it too much. I pretty much ignore the sugar limit because as long as I stay under my calories and meet my nutrition goals, I don't care. I also try to meet my fat goal - it's actually hard for me to do that. I don't care if I go over the fat goal - but I definitely want to meet it. Fat is essential for a healthy body so I generally try to avoid most fat free foods.

Sometimes because I'm boring and somewhat lazy, this means I eat a lot of the same foods over and over - because of convenience and because it's easy. But I don't have to do that. Some days I will throw in the nutrition towel and say "Screw it, I want a Coffee Coolatta / Frappuccino / or McD's milkshake." But I have to be mindful of the calories consumerd
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 5:2 intermitant fasting, it's the only thing I can stick to easily and isn't half as scary as it sounds.
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've tried WW several times and had some success with it, then I stop losing. I think all the free point fruit and vegetables end up causing problems for me. If it's free I can eat a whole lot of something. Then you have bonus points etc, etc. with MFP I log every calorie that passes my lips so I know what I'm eating and that I'm eating within the goal MFP set for me. Also, MFP doesn't charge me money every week to go to a meeting that regurgitates the same old diet information I have heard over and over again. WW is a wonderful program for those it works for and I'm not trying to knock it at all. I'm just saying CICO is working fantastic for me and I can save my money for new clothes as I get smaller.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I just count calories. I do try to eat whole foods, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables (I have always loved fresh raw veggies, even as a kid so it's not a struggle lol). I seldom eat out or eat to-go. I cook most everything from scratch. I do save calories everyday for a treat, and prelog that lol.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I did do WW for some time, with a fair amount of success, but I always felt hungry.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I eat less than I burn up. I've cut some 1000 calories per day out but I'm a big guy. Getting a big more exercise but mostly eating less by measuring and logging it all.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I only eat at a calorie deficit.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    For nutrition and from diabetic training I use the Plate method. For weight loss I keep to my calorie target.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I just count calories. The only requirement for weight loss is to eat less calories than you burn, no special diet necessary.

Any diet will work if you eat at a calorie deficit, and no diet will work if you eat more calories than you burn.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Just calorie counting for me.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I have been currently following weight watchers. Lost 65lb in 7 months. Ive been playing with the weight loss really for the past 3 months. Losing & gaining the same 3-5lbs.

Im thinking on possibly trying slimming world. But have never tried this. Either this or nust basic calorie counting. I have always just done weight watchers online, thinking on possibly joing a group?

I have around 38lbs to lose and determined to get it off

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I eat everything
    I count everything and log

Very simple why should i make it harder or more difficult than it is ;)

95069916.png
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I combine MFP with going to weekly Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) meetings. $32 a year plus very small chapter meetings fits my budget and holds me accountable. Best of luck to you and congrats on so much success.
  • jordy366
    jordy366 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started on WW lost 20 pounds on it and like you kept struggling with 5 pound losses and gains. Wasn't until I started to calorie count that I saw my mistakes. I snacked WAY to much on bananas/ fruit those suckers have calories that should count. I also got stuck on points and I didn't care what I was eating as long as I was in my points. With tracking I see what I am eating and it translates into better choices. Plus its free!