anyone out there over 5ft 10 with around 80lbs to lose?

Options
am looking for people who can support each other, who have very similar goals and build to myself
i like to support whoever i can, but have an increasing number of friends who want to get slim for summer, where as my journey is a little different

I am 6ft 1 and have another 60 or so pounds to lose - my starting weight was 292.5lbs

am looking for people who are similar to me - although, i will support ANYONE who wants to send me a friends request

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I am in your boat. I am not that tall, only 5'8 but I have over 100lbs still to lose.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Not quite the same, but not all that far off. I had 40lbs to lose (down to 29 now) and am 5'10".

Will throw you a friend request :)

I'm losing it slowly - so far, 11lbs in 9 weeks - so this will be a long-ish haul for me.
  • noni77
    noni77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I'm six foot - and am currently 155kgs - want to get dowb to 77kgs - though 84 would be lovely.

So that means we have the height in common - though if I did the conversion correctly I have 172 pounds to lose - eeek! :sad:

Sending you a friends request now :smile:
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and i have 69lbs to my goal remaining. I was thinking i wanted my goal to be at 175lbs which would put me in the normal BMI range.Once i'm there i will see how that looks on me. If i don't like what i see i will set my goal at 165lbs. Add me as your friend we can cheer each other on.
  • vburnett01
    vburnett01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey Sweetie. I'm 5' 10 1/2 " (amlost 5 '11"). I have 87 pounds to lose (starting weight 255). I know exaclty what you mean. Its very encouraging to get support from people who are very similar to you. It instills so much hope in you :-). Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck to you!

:smile: Venita
  • LATTIL
    LATTIL Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5'8" and while I have lost weight, it has been a long road (no quick fixes or fast changes fo rme) and have another 40 to go. Feel free to friend me.
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet and am trying to lose 37 pounds as a start. The
    TheN maybe another 10 or 15.
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hardest things about being a tall girl losing weight
    1. You have to lose twice as much before anyone notices
    2. You have to lose twice as much before you change sizes
    3. People telling you "you are so tall you can carry some extra weight"
    4. Your goal weight is the starting weight for short girls trying to lose weight.
    5. Nobody is impressed when you say "I'm down to 180"

But when you are tall it is easy to let the pounds build up because weight gain is not so dramatic.

I am so happy to find some tall girls who can relate. Please friend me.
  • tsnowridge
    tsnowridge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am not that tall, but need to lose a lot of weight - I am much older than you but would love the encouragement. Not many people I know use this and I could use the support.

Best of luck to you
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    4. Your goal weight is the starting weight for short girls trying to lose weight.

But when you are tall it is easy to let the pounds build up because weight gain is not so dramatic.

OMG, if I had a dollar for everytime I heard these things I would be rich! I'm just over 5'10" and hear those things all the time! i'm particularly tired of hearing "You can carry the weight because you're tall. No one notices. Well I DO!!! It is harder. I have about 35 lbs to lose to get to where I can be comfortable and maintain a healthy weight with some effort. I will send you a request as I think we would be a great support network :-)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    me...also i have another 60/80 lbs to loose..not really got a goal weight as such
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options

OMG...I love this. All so true! I'm 5'8, not as tall as some of you but still applies to me. Losing weight for us tall girls is definitely different. :smile:
  • noni77
    noni77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I hear you. Friending you now! :smile:

I'm 6" - and I've been seriously working on losing weight since the beginning of May 2011. I got a shock when I looked back over my stats and realised I had dropped 10 kgs since October last year (about 20 pounds give or take). I hadn't even noticed :laugh:

Happy to have more tall friends. :smile:
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5ft 10 and have been working at this since the beginning of the year. Just hit 60 lbs lost but still have at least another 50 to go. Happy to share the journey with you all.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite as tall, only 5'8" 1/2 but still have 100 to lose to hit the BMI normal range. (When I get clsoer I will re-evaluate where I truly want to be.)
    Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    my goodness there are lots of tall people on here in similar position to me
  • grandmaofbza
    Options
    I am 54 years old and 5 ft 11 inches and have to lose , Well would like to lose between 60 and 70 pounds , I joined this site about 5 days ago and I'm really finding it helps, Make sure your logging in your food even if you have a bad day and I've had a couple , If you would like a friend in this just add me maybe we can help each other. Have a great day!!
    Cathy.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
  • Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 11 with 80 pounds to lose. I would love to offer/receive support! =D

Zoe
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Yep... I am one of those tall women with weight to lose. Would love to find some fresh perspectives as I have not been putting forth the full effort. Lot of life stressors. Friend me if you like!