What's Your Favorite Lazy Recipes?

Options
Khovde07
Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
I've had an incredibly busy week. I'm exhausted and just don't feel like putting much effort into dinner tonight. My crockpot is already occupied for tonight but I wouldn't mind some of those recipes for the future. I know we all have those days where we don't feel like cooking but want to stay on track. Help?

Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    This is a really good on-pot dish: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/chicken-recipes/11109653/Hugh-Fearnley-Whittingstalls-chicken-with-lentils-recipe.html

I've also done it with quinoa instead of lentils and it's turned out great! I'll also throw some chopped veggies in there to make it even healthier.
  • hopekristal
    hopekristal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    http://www.kitchentreaty.com/crock-pot-pumpkin-red-lentil-chili/

This is amazing! I recently gave up red meat and this tastes so much like the 'regular' meaty chili that my husband didn't notice the difference AND it's packed full of nutrients too.
  • LaDivaNicotina
    LaDivaNicotina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My fave lazy recipe (I just reduce the amount of cheese, use small whole wheat tortillas and skip the toppings)
    http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/02/hearty-black-bean-quesadillas/
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I make soy chorizo, egg, cheese, and corn tortilla breakfast burritos on lazy work nights. Soy chorizo splatters less, cooks faster, less calories, and tastes just like the meat version. I always have a tube of it in my fridge for days like that
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I have a freezer full of individual portions of meals (probably at least 20 different dishes), plus homemade burritos, veggie/chicken nuggets, veggie/meatballs, cauliflower/cheese sauce, a few kinds of marinara/bolognese, and so much more.

The easiest thing is microwaving one of those. However, if I want to put together a really quick meal and haven't prepped, it's usually black bean quesadillas with canned black beans, breakfast for dinner, or pita pizzas.
  • Khovde07
    Options
    These all look great! I just did one of my favorite lazy meals for lunch. Make an omelet with 2 eggs, some bacon, cheese, veggies, and some shredded potato. Toss it all in a sandwich bag and boil it until it's done. So yummy and soooo filling with the potato. I'm stuffed!
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Khovde07 wrote: »
    I've had an incredibly busy week. I'm exhausted and just don't feel like putting much effort into dinner tonight. My crockpot is already occupied for tonight but I wouldn't mind some of those recipes for the future. I know we all have those days where we don't feel like cooking but want to stay on track. Help?

Chopped salad
    beans
    Whatever veggies you have on hand, chopped up for a stir fry.
    leftover meat
    pan fry some fish from your freezer
    tortilla with cheese, or garlic bread
  • amyj514
    amyj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I usually whip something together where I pick a grain/pasta/potato, whatever veggies I am craving or just need to be used, season, and top with an egg/tuna/cheese. For example: last night was brown rice with leeks, garlic, peas, salt, pepper, dill, pepper flakes, garlic pwdr, 1-2 tbsp plain yog and a squeeze of lemon juice to suace it a little, and topped with a fried egg (the dippy yolk makes a nice sauce as well). Was super easy and full of flavor! I also like a white or sweet potato topped with cottage cheese, salsa, and avocado. Whole wheat pasta/brown rice/barley with pasta sauce and a dippy egg. Yum! Quinoa with broccoli, fried egg, and soy sauce. I could go on all day, the combinations are endless!
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    These are all too much for me to make. I'm alright at boiling water though.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Throw a few chicken breasts in a crockpot with a jar or two of your favorite salsa. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred with a fork. You can sub in BBQ sauce if that's more your style.
  • Khovde07
    Options
    Throw a few chicken breasts in a crockpot with a jar or two of your favorite salsa. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred with a fork. You can sub in BBQ sauce if that's more your style.

This is actually one of my favorite recipes. I add a couple other things as well, like taco seasoning and some sour cream. It makes a ton and the leftovers are so versatile!
  • stephernie4
    stephernie4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Khovde07 wrote: »
    These all look great! I just did one of my favorite lazy meals for lunch. Make an omelet with 2 eggs, some bacon, cheese, veggies, and some shredded potato. Toss it all in a sandwich bag and boil it until it's done. So yummy and soooo filling with the potato. I'm stuffed!

Yum! That sounds great!

I keep some cans of soup on hand for those nights when I don't want to prep and cook and want a low-cal meal. It's also good now that the weather has turned cold!
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I guess that depends on what you consider lazy, but I often just make casseroles when I don't feel like doing much. All you really have to do for those is cook ground beef or sliced chicken breast, then add noodles, veggies, and a couple cans of Cream-Of-Whatever to them. Put it in a pan, sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top, and bake @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I just discovered a fabulous recipe - throw a bag of frozen meatballs in your slow cooker and then dump in two cans of Campbell's french onion soup. Absolutely amazing! Could serve with rice to soak up the soup.
  • trossk2
    trossk2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling lazy, starving, and have no time I make microwaved chicken tacos. You just need the precooked, frozen chicken breast strips, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, taco sauce (I like taco bell sauce), chives, and small tortillas. Nuke the chicken throwing the tortillas you want on top of them for the last ~15 seconds, cut up the herbs, then build your taco. Super easy and my exact version is 587 calories for three. You can get the 1 minute microwave rice if you need something with it, but the tacos are generally enough for me.
  • mnbell2013
    mnbell2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What I had tonight...pulled a frozen chicken breast out of the freezer, seasoned it with garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper and baked it. Ate it alongside a baked sweet potato and green beans. Easy and delicious!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Bring some cabbage to boil in a pot, throw in some potatoes and simmer until they're easy to pierce with a fork. Then toss some smoked sausage or polish kielbasa on top and cover for about 5 minutes until it's warmed through.

Done. One of my favorites since childhood, filling and very calorie friendly (especially if you like turkey smoked sausage/kielbasa).
  • niskmom
    niskmom Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    1 cup rice, 5 cup Refried beans,1oz velveeta cheese and .25 cup salsa (I prefer rotel). Stir and microwave. I keep rice on hand in the fridge. It looks bad, but it tastes delicious. I use velveeta because it melts well. I know it's not that good for you, but it's only a little bit. It's my go to lunch when I'm busy and it's portable.