Nut butter

Options
Need someone to keep me accountable! Seriously cannot stop eating nut butter. I know it is healthy, and a little fat will not kill me, but everyday after dinner, at night, I crave nut butter thinking it is okay to have a spoonful and end up eating the whole jar!! And I have gained 6 pounds in the past 4 weeks because of this habit. Ugh need advice

Replies

• Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it - remove temptation from your home. That's my solution for things that I eat with no self-control to keep it in moderation.

If I think I really need something that I might eat without restraint, I might consider if I can portion it out and freeze most of it so I only ever have a small amount available to me. I wonder if you put the nut butter in an ice cube tray or something?
  • sweetiepie781
    sweetiepie781 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ughh I suffer from this as well i always start by measuring my serving size of 2 Tbs and then go back for more after i have a terrible addiction esp to Pb and Sunflower butter i dont even know why i buy it as i always know the outcome !! I could easily eat an entire jar and then i am always left feeling guilty after i consume way more than anyone should in one sitting wish i could offer you advice i am in need of some myself !
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have done the same recently and decided I need to follow my meal plan, and stop *kitten* about - I can do it, and I want to do it, I'll make sure the plan is filled with plenty delicious stuff so that I won't feel deprived.
  • 22ep
    22ep Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @kommodevaran You know what, me too. If you can do it, so can I. And if I can do it, so can you :) We don't need no stinkin' nut butter lol
  • 22ep
    22ep Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @Mellie289 good advice! I think I'm going to try to go cold turkey for a while and see what happens. But that is definitely a smart idea, thank you.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I do that with Nutella. I never buy it! I'll eat way too much of it, yep :)

There's a soynut butter that's not nearly as tasty (imho) that you can use for any real reason you'd need some nut butter around. I couldn't eat a whole jar of that in a year, lol.