Protein > carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For eating below maintenance and doing resistance work 4+ times per week, at 270lbs I would say you have a minimum slot of 0.7g/lb which works out to 189g. Aiming for 200g makes for a nice even number, ensures adequate intake if you use any low quality sources, and is about 29% of a 2,8000 calorie diet coming in at 800 calories for the protein.

As for tips on eating more, shakes are very helpful simply because being able to drink 20-30g makes it so much easier. Aim to hit 30g per meal regardless of how you portion out. Considering the large intake, I would suggest 4 meals a day since 700 calories sounds more manageable than 900 or 1,400, but only you can decide the best meal timing for you.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    I do 101g protein in 35g carbs and 1100 calories per day. Meat, seafood, dairy, eggs, with supplemental Muscle Milk. It's possible. It's not easy and you'll need to pre-plan, but it's possible.

I would be starving on such low calories.

lol Takes some getting used to, but it's appropriate for my size, goals, and activity level. I only listed it to show that it's entirely possible to get higher protein with lower carbs in his daily calorie allotment.