is it possible to do cardio twice a day?

As mentioned on subject,

Is it possible to do cardio twice a day?

Please kindly share your thoughts.

Cheers!!

Replies

• ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 338 Member
    I do sometimes go on the treadmill once in morning and once in the afternoon or go walking,cycling etc twice just because I get bored easily and would rather do two smaller amounts than do the same thing for ages!
  • syarifalatas
    syarifalatas Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks for sharing
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Give us some background, where are you going with this question? Of course it is possible.
  • syarifalatas
    For instance, i do cardio to burn 200 kal in the morning and maximize my cardio in evening
  • ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 338 Member
    Plus sometimes if I'm running out of calories I do somecardio to get a few extra for later
  • syarifalatas
    Plus sometimes if I'm running out of calories I do somecardio to get a few extra for later

Nice..
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 536 Member
    I do 40 minutes x3 per day, for a total of 120 minutes. On the treadmill. :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Personally I would want to do some muscle maintaining instead of calorie burns.. Maybe cardio in a.m. and some lifting later in the day (even if it just body weight exercising)... Got to keep them muscles from disappearing trying to create such a huge deficit... or are you wanting to eat more so you burn more... My muscles are more important to me..
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    I try to do 45-60 minus of cardio a day, and that is usually broken up into two sessions, one in the AM before work, and one in the evening after diinner. On the weekends I usually do three 20 minutes sessions. Some days, like today, I go crazy and do 45 minutes in one session then only do 15 minutes later in the evening. Just depends on how I'm feeling.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I don't do cardio twice a day. However, if I'm short on time one day I'll do a heavy weightlifting session in the morning and a HIIT workout later in the evening.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    For instance, i do cardio to burn 200 kal in the morning and maximize my cardio in evening

What does the bold part actually mean? (Activity/time/intensity?)
    What is this "cardio" you refer to? Could be so many different things!
    What is your goal that you hope to progress towards?

Doing "cardio to burn 200 kal in the morning" really isn't anything significant to stop you training again the same day if you have any kind of fitness.
    Many people who walk/run/cycle to work routinely do "cardio" twice a day for example.

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    I take two classes at the gym when I go but they're usually back to back. When I was using my little standing elliptical, I would break it into sessions as small as two minutes. It all adds up
  • syarifalatas
    Fursian wrote: »
    I do 40 minutes x3 per day, for a total of 120 minutes. On the treadmill. :)

Very nice
  • syarifalatas
    gia07 wrote: »
    Personally I would want to do some muscle maintaining instead of calorie burns.. Maybe cardio in a.m. and some lifting later in the day (even if it just body weight exercising)... Got to keep them muscles from disappearing trying to create such a huge deficit... or are you wanting to eat more so you burn more... My muscles are more important to me..

I actually want to burn my fat and gain muscle as well
  • syarifalatas

alanerceg wrote: »
    I try to do 45-60 minus of cardio a day, and that is usually broken up into two sessions, one in the AM before work, and one in the evening after diinner. On the weekends I usually do three 20 minutes sessions. Some days, like today, I go crazy and do 45 minutes in one session then only do 15 minutes later in the evening. Just depends on how I'm feeling.

Thanks for sharing bro
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    gia07 wrote: »

you won't lose muscle with cardio unless you are in a calorie deficit, are not lifting, and not getting adequate protein.

if you eat at maintenance, and run, you won't lose mass.
  • syarifalatas
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    I don't do cardio twice a day. However, if I'm short on time one day I'll do a heavy weightlifting session in the morning and a HIIT workout later in the evening.

Nice..
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    What? Of course it is. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to cycle to work in the morning and then cycle home in the evening.
  • syarifalatas
    sijomial wrote: »

What does the bold part actually mean? (Activity/time/intensity?)
    What is this "cardio" you refer to? Could be so many different things!
    What is your goal that you hope to progress towards?

Doing "cardio to burn 200 kal in the morning" really isn't anything significant to stop you training again the same day if you have any kind of fitness.
    Many people who walk/run/cycle to work routinely do "cardio" twice a day for example.

Thanks bro very enlightening.

The evening means time. And i do cross trainer for my cardio. Usually i do cardio for 45-60 minutes.

Im also do workout at home by dumbell, perfect pushup, bodyweight workout most of them.

So my goal is to maintain my weight and gain muscles.

• syarifalatas
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    I take two classes at the gym when I go but they're usually back to back. When I was using my little standing elliptical, I would break it into sessions as small as two minutes. It all adds up

Nice :smile: