What music do you listen to when you're working out?

Options
2»

Replies

• Serenzy
    Serenzy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just listen to my usual music: Green Day, Rise Against, Blink, Autumn to Ashes, Offspring, Pearl Jam, Staind, P.O.D, Butterfly Effect, RATM...
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I play music when I run. When I first started i made a Playlist of some of my favorite upbeat songs. I now changed to my favorite slow beat album portishead - portishead as it helps me run slower and much much longer.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    I'm weird. I listen to either sports radio (especially fantasy football analysis) or talk radio. Music sometimes, but time seems to run by faster for me when I'm listening to these 2.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Metal / hard rock all the way.
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I'm weird. I listen to either sports radio (especially fantasy football analysis) or talk radio. Music sometimes, but time seems to run by faster for me when I'm listening to these 2.

When I go for my lunchtime walks I listen to a podcast. It definitely makes the 30mins walking the grey parking lot, with the same scenery, over and over much less mundane than it did when I listened to music. I end up going a little faster since I'm not unconsciously restricting myself to a tempo.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hard rock/metal mostly, but I listen to that all the time so its not much of a deviation for me.
    Special mention for Ozzy's Let Me Hear You Scream; I can (and have) repeat 1 that for cardio, I mean come on:
    'Nobody said it's easy; it's do or die, only the strong survive!'
    'If you're gonna go down, go loud, go strong, go proud, go on or go home!'
    That song was made to rage work out to :D
  • ButterflyLife4Me
    ButterflyLife4Me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on a Trevor Hall kick.....Brand New Day and Fire
  • scottver2
    scottver2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Trance - Armin Van Buuren, old Tiesto, Electric Universe...anything that has at least 140bpm and doesn't include screaming.
  • TayFit07
    TayFit07 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I listen to a lot of rap and dance music. Gets me feeling rowdy and energetic!
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Metal when I'm lifting and indie/alternative when I'm running!
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Earth Crisis, Trivium, Necrophagist, Childern of Bodom, Atreyu, The Cro-Mags, Freya, Verse, Verbal Assault, Negative Approach, Unsane, Melvins, Clutch, Dying Fetus, Reign Supreme, Comeback Kid, boysetsfire, All Out War, No Escape, Judge, Goatwhore, Helmet, Quicksand, Grimple, Econochrist, Infest, Carcass, Bolt Thrower, Syslosis, Snapcase, Unearth, Cancer Bats, Amebix, Assuck, are in my regular rotation.

@nakedraygun Nice list! \m/ \m/
  • bduncan3466
    bduncan3466 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When at the gym, I watch Netflix. It makes the workout seem not so boring.