Vegetarian

Options
Vegetarian protein supplements?

Replies

• photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use PHD diet whey i've tried the strawberry and the belgian chocolate flavours and both are awesome
  • jilliandgc676
    jilliandgc676 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @photojunk thanks for the suggestion! :)
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Right now I am using Garden of Life Organic Protien Powder, but I just got the ingredients to make my own when that is gone. I will say that I also enjoy the Vegan Orgain - vanilla flavour...it's like dessert.

Apparently you can make your own protein powder using a coffee grinder with quinoa, green lentils, and oats. Looking forward to trying that :smile:
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I use the Vega vegan protein powder in my smoothies.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you feel about protein bars, but D's Naturals is the only vegan protein bar I've tried that I love! The protein payoff is great and they have lots of fiber and low sugar. As for protein shakes, I'm a huge fan of Vega. Garden of Life is okay, but Vega is much better. I use Vega All-in-One Nutritional Shake. I know the options didn't have to be vegan per se, but I figured I'd share. :D
  • jilliandgc676
    jilliandgc676 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @MorganMoreaux @gradchica27 @synacious thanks for all the great suggestions! What about natural food items? i.e. chick peas and the like? Any favorites?
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    MRM Veggie Protein Elite Chocolate Mocha flavor. Excellent!
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    @MorganMoreaux thanks for all the great suggestions! What about natural food items? i.e. chick peas and the like? Any favorites?

Chick peas are great and very versatile. I roasted some last week for snacks. I also like putting them on salads or making hummus. I also like quinoa and will mix kale and green peas with it. Chia seeds and flax mix are also versatile, and can be added to smoothies, shakes, quinoa, oatmeal, and many many other dishes. Would love to hear other suggestions as well.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Most of my protein is yogurt, eggs, cheese, milk, beans, some fake meat products. Also nuts and nut butters. I usually get 80-95 g/day w just a half serving of protein powder.
    Just bought another vegan powder at Costco today (chocolate--they only have Vega in vanilla there), will see what it's like tomorrow!
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I really like Hemp protein powder!