Detox teas and wraps.

Options
2»

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    But does anyone have anecdotal evidence that teas help at all? I mean more-so than drinking water, or 'regular' green tea which for awhile was touted as having all kinds of dietary benefits.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Anecdotal is everywhere! Or did you mean definitive double blind studies published and peer reviewed? Surely you meant that. Even these studies only show minor benefit. Browse Google Scholar.

Warm tea is comforting, and caffeine stimulating. That's it.
  • LeeMay63
    LeeMay63 Posts: 36 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I have been drinking Fit Tea that is supposes to stimulate metabolism. Besides being good tea, l have lost a couple lbs. since starting it. Of course, I have been eating a lil bit healthier lately, also. Figure it doesn't hurt to keep drinking it.
    http://fittea.com
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    These types of products are marketed towards desperate naïve people who want a quick fix. Nothing replaces are hard work. There's no quick fix or easy out. If you want something, you must work for it.

Think about this ,if these wraps and detoxes and teas really worked then why are we all on here counting calories? Wouldn't we all just take the magic woo and be thin ?? Bottom line, they don't work. Save your money and learn about health and weight loss. Anyone who would consider buying these things, still has a lot to learn.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    LeeMay63 wrote: »
    I have been drinking (snip) that is supposes to stimulate metabolism. Besides being good tea, l have lost a couple lbs. since starting it. Of course, I have been eating a lil bit healthier lately, also. Figure it doesn't hurt to keep drinking it.
    ---snip--- (for the spam)

@LeeMay63 This is the second thread I have seen you post this in. The tea you are drinking has a diuretic in it. The weight you are losing is mostly extra water. Once you stop the tea, you will regain, and if you continue the tea long term, there certainly are health risks for what you are doing.

ETA: I looked at some of your other posts. Have you talked with your doctor to make sure that there is no interactions with the other medications you are on? Please be careful.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Be that as it may LeeMay63, unless you were eating healthier prior to using it and noticed a marked increase in weight loss you can't really credit a tea alone.
    Much like green tea, it may very well "stimulate your metabolism" but it would do it at a rate that is so inconsequential that unless you drinks tens of dozens of cups per day, you wouldn't be able to notice any difference.

I'm not trying to poopoo all over your strategy, if you like the tea then drink the tea; whatever you feel works for you. But honestly, the weight loss industry is a five billion dollar a year industry; if there were a product that could undeniably and provably ease/safely speed up the weight loss process, it wouldn't dwell in the world of late night infomercials and shifty websites preying on those who are overwhelmed or desperate to lose weight.
    No company would be able to produce it fast enough to keep up with worldwide demand.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading at "the kardashians are doing it" and the answer is no...
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    The people who I see selling wraps, pills, and potions on instagram all have 1 thing in common...they are all overweight. This has just been my experience. I'm thinking with all the shakes and wraps and teas you're selling why are you big yourself??!! I want to ask one of them but that would be extremely rude so I just keep strolling.

I have a former student who is a "distributor" for ItWorks!, and is *constantly* posting on FB about it. She's overweight, too, so this made me lol...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    The answer is no

You know that

That curiosity you feel is akin to believing in unicorns and fairies ....

Unicorns, I believe in.

The Kardashians.....not so much.

:wink:

x1000
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Unnecessary and a waste of money to boot.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd like to detox the world by wrapping the Kardasians, Dexter style.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

This is a detox I can get behind. :laugh:
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    What are they purported to do, make your *kitten* huge?
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    When they run out of new gimmicks, they recycle the old stuff. There is a new fool waiting to part with his money born every minute.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options

I don't know what Dexter-style is, but if it will rid the world of the Kardashians, please, please, please!!!