please help

Options
I try and work out so much and I've been eating better, with the occasional snacks, but I can't seem to lose any weight! it's so frustrating. tips?

Replies

• blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Are you counting your calories or just eating "better" you can still over eat on "healthier" foods. Do you weigh your foods to know how many calories your eating?
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Are you one of the two girls in your profile picture? If so how much weight are you trying to lose? Doesn't look like you have much to lose. If you are trying to get very lean, then you have to be extremely careful with calorie counting as well as patient. "Eating better" is extremely vague. What does that mean? For fat loss, eating less is more important than eating "better".
  • ChallengerGirl9399
    Options
    I feel the same as vismal, you seem very fit already...it doesn't look like you really need to lose any more weight. Which should be a good thing!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Many people use old photos of themselves for inspiration on MFP. Without knowing her stats, we don't know if she is in a healthy weight range and/or if she can afford to lose weight. Anyway, OP, I second what @blkandwhite77 said. In order to lose weight you must have a calorie deficit, no matter how healthy the foods you eat are. We need some more information though, such as how long you've been unable to lose weight. If it's a week or two, patience is key. If it has been months, then it comes down to you eating more calories than you burn or eating at your maintenance level, depending on whether you've gained any weight or just stayed at the same weight.
  • knelly19
    knelly19 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    Many people use old photos of themselves for inspiration on MFP. Without knowing her stats, we don't know if she is in a healthy weight range and/or if she can afford to lose weight. Anyway, OP, I second what @blkandwhite77 said. In order to lose weight you must have a calorie deficit, no matter how healthy the foods you eat are. We need some more information though, such as how long you've been unable to lose weight. If it's a week or two, patience is key. If it has been months, then it comes down to you eating more calories than you burn or eating at your maintenance level, depending on whether you've gained any weight or just stayed at the same weight.

I have been counting calories lately. it says I should eat about 1600. I'm 5'4 128/129. but I've legit stayed at this weight since like 3 years ago, give or take a couple pounds
  • knelly19
    Options
    vismal wrote: »
    Are you one of the two girls in your profile picture? If so how much weight are you trying to lose? Doesn't look like you have much to lose. If you are trying to get very lean, then you have to be extremely careful with calorie counting as well as patient. "Eating better" is extremely vague. What does that mean? For fat loss, eating less is more important than eating "better".

well I'm a flyer in cheer. and I just feel as though losing a couple pounds is easier on my bases but it's hard or atleast losing fat
  • lisaipri
    lisaipri Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are eating too many calories. I'm 5'3 n 129 lbs. Started at 134 n I've always eaten 1200
  • knelly19
    Options
    Are you counting your calories or just eating "better" you can still over eat on "healthier" foods. Do you weigh your foods to know how many calories your eating?

I've been counting calories and it says about 1600 and I've been staying in that range
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    lisaipri wrote: »
    You are eating too many calories. I'm 5'3 n 129 lbs. Started at 134 n I've always eaten 1200

Without knowing her age or activity level, we don't know if that's too much. 1200 for some people is too low to sustain.

OP, how are you determining those 1600 calories?
  • lisaipri
    lisaipri Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine says 1200, don't understand why ours would be different, but if you are sticking to 1600 maybe that is your maintence number?
  • knelly19
    Options
    I'm 20, n work out almost everyday, and by reading the packages :) idk how else to
  • malibu927
    Options
    knelly19 wrote: »
    I'm 20, n work out almost everyday, and by reading the packages :) idk how else to

So most likely you're eating more than you think. If you don't have one yet, consider purchasing a food scale to weigh your foods.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing, you need to eat less, move more or both.

If you're in the pic, you look fantastic already and don't need to worry about losing anything. :)
  • malibu927
    Options
    Mine says 1200, don't understand why ours would be different, but if you are sticking to 1600 maybe that is your maintence number?

Most likely if you chose a higher rate of loss, combined with your age and activity level, that will make the difference.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Age and activity level change the number.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

She could more active and she is younger. She probably is not accurately counting her calories in and out.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

Age, activity level, and how much one chooses to lose each week all play factors in a person's calorie goal.