Left Over Turkey

Options

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I saw this on Triple D (Diners, Drive-ins and Dives): Put your left over stuffing in a waffle iron and make a waffle out of it. Top with turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. Looked delicious!
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I saw this on Triple D (Diners, Drive-ins and Dives): Put your left over stuffing in a waffle iron and make a waffle out of it. Top with turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. Looked delicious!

Mind blown!
  • lporter229
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »

Mind blown!

I know, right? My first thought was " Why isn't everyone doing this???"
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I have made this every year for the last few years, I covet the leftover smoked turkey at my brother's house because this soup is Ah-May-Zing....

http://www.homesicktexan.com/2012/11/turkey-enchilada-verde-soup_19.html?m=1

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I slice some of the white meat in to baton shapes, marinade in a touch of oil and chilli powder. Then throw in to stir fries,
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

As a Syracuse resident and frequent Funk N Waffles patron, I can confirm that this is pretty freaking amazing.
  • lporter229
    edited November 2015
    Options

As a Syracuse resident and frequent Funk N Waffles patron, I can confirm that this is pretty freaking amazing.

You lucky dog!! I wanted to hop in my car and go there, and I can't even eat gluten! But you better believe I am going to do this with my GF stuffing next week. Hopefully it will make it taste less mushy!
  • randomsue
    randomsue Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    I can use it pretty much anywhere I would use chicken. Burritos and quesadillas are delicious :)

I also buy refrigerated pie crust (the kind you roll out), cut it into circles and stuff with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cranberry sauce to make Thanksgiving meat pies (pasty).

I especially love the idea of the little pies! Never thought of that but I'm going to try it now!

I love this idea too. Never thought to put cranberry sauce in it. Sounds so yummy.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Turkey, microwave, mustard... 'cause calories.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I put most of the leftover turkey in the freezer right away to have on other days so people don't get sick of it.
    I sometimes chop it up and mix it with leftover gravy and serve that over toast, rice or potatoes.
    I use turkey in soup or casseroles that call for chicken.
    I heat it and mix it with BBQ sauce and have it on a sandwich.
    Turkey Shepherd's pie
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Whhaaatttt!!! Yummy def gonna try this!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine going grocery shopping for two weeks...I go to the grocery store twice per day lol.

I don't know. I would just eat it with zucchini and squash probably. Not very creative.
  • Owlfan88
    Owlfan88 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is the turkey sandwich the next day. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and cheese all toasted. Super yum!
  • Tango_Bravo
    Tango_Bravo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like using leftover turkey in salads, as it helps get me back on track after the blow-out that is Thanksgiving. This recipe from Jamie Oliver is one I particularly like:
    jamieoliver.com/recipes/turkey-recipes/asian-inspired-turkey-salad/
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I won't have much turkey because I'm not the one bringing it, we'll have enough for some sandwiches, which doesn't go too very far with my family of seven. :p

However, I have a turkey in the freezer to cook later, plan on getting another tomorrow and a couple of turkey breast on top of that. When I cook the whole turkeys, things that could be made include enchiladas, turkey noodle soup, turkey pot pie, turkey tetrazzini, fajitas, burritos (my husband likes Mexican, lol) turkey chili. The possibilities are endless!

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    This plus 4 cups of turkey: http://www.pacificfoods.com/kitchen/sides/broccoli-casserole.aspx

It's somewhat heavy, but delicious. You can easily double the cooked pasta.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options

This sounds awesome! I will be trying it for sure!

Leftover turkey goes in BBQ sandwiches or alfredo in my house :)
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    For sandwiches, would mayonnaise be on the list then?

It would be on my Turkey sandwich, otherwise it would be too dry.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I already posted this, but the croquettes are seriously good! If you want to make and save, just flash freeze (directly on a metal baking sheet) and transfer them to a freezer bag to eat over the next 4 months. Re-bake them to thaw/crisp when you're ready to eat.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/baked-turkey-croquettes.html?m=1