What you have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I usually have oatmeal or leftovers. On the weekends lately I've been enjoying a huge plate of roasted veggies with some form of protein (canned fish or eggs). This morning I had roasted veggies (brussel's sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers), some leftover roast potato, and a baked Italian egg (tomato sauce, parmesan, an egg, bake in the oven).

This is also one of my breakfast staples, it's delicious and filling for me. I add broccoli too.

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/09/snap-challenge-spinach-rice-breakfast-bowls/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    this morning i had scrambled eggs with NM green chile, oats, blueberries, and a low sodium V8.
  • bremingtonsteele
    Options
    I'm not as hungry during the day and ravenous at night, so I usually have a very small breakfast. Some fruit, and sometimes a bit of protein added in. Today I had a clementine and a string cheese.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Linzon wrote: »
    Weekdays I usually have oatmeal or leftovers. On the weekends lately I've been enjoying a huge plate of roasted veggies with some form of protein (canned fish or eggs). This morning I had roasted veggies (brussel's sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers), some leftover roast potato, and a baked Italian egg (tomato sauce, parmesan, an egg, bake in the oven).

This is also one of my breakfast staples, it's delicious and filling for me. I add broccoli too.

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/09/snap-challenge-spinach-rice-breakfast-bowls/

That looks delish and super easy!!
    any combination of these things:( I usually stick to around 300-400 calories for breakfast)
    eggs, bacon, turkey bacon, chicken sausage (applegate) brown rice, ezekial bread, oatmeal, jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches, yogurt with granola, even dinner leftovers
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Today I had 7 oz Fage 2% greek yogurt with a cup of mixed frozen berries, water, and coffee with 1% milk.

Something I love to make, but I'm out of almond milk.

4 cups of vanilla almond milk
    1 cup of brown rice
    real maple syrup
    vanilla
    cinnamon

Combine all ingredients, bring to a boil, let simmer for 45 minutes to an hour until the rice is cooked. Add a couple chopped apples the last 15 minutes and some real apple cider if it needs more liquid (you don't need cider, but if you have it). My 16 year old loves this breakfast, she calls it fall in a bowl and the house smells divine. You can also do this in a crockpot but the texture of the rice gets a little different.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Another delicious make ahead breakfast.

peeled and chopped sweet potatoes cooked with half a yellow onion in olive oil until the potatoes are cooked, it takes a while, add turkey bacon (I cut into 1 inch pieces) and cook a few minutes longer so the flavors can blend. I portion this into 1 cup servings and put it in the fridge. I love this breakfast with egg scrambled egg whites mixed in.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I do smoothies every Monday to Friday.
    175g fat-free plain greek yoghurt
    50g spinach
    140g frozen mixed berries (or whatever the serving suggestion is on the bag for a cup)
    4oz apple juice
    25g protein powder of choice
    scoop of splenda

Blend it all up, throw it in a to go cup and get my butt out the door!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I always make some kind of crustless quiche to heat and eat all week. This week is cabbage/bacon and it's my favorite one - 144 calories per 1/4 of the pan.
  • Physick
    Physick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    2 egg veggie omelette, with onions peppers tomatoes and mushrooms but NO cheese. A little hot sauce mixed in with some ketchup- under 200 calories and really satisfies until lunch!
  • helpatalkingmuffin
    Options
    On weekdays, since I eat breakfast at work: granola, greek yogurt, banana, coffee. On weekends, usually scrambled eggs with veggies (spinach, tomato) and a little cheese, add in chicken sausage or some leftover meat from dinners that week, plus my usual banana and coffee.
  • emilypreeper
    emilypreeper Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always make some kind of crustless quiche to heat and eat all week. This week is cabbage/bacon and it's my favorite one - 144 calories per 1/4 of the pan.

I would love this recipe if possible!
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I promised my doctor I'd eat oatmeal every day till January, so get that over with during breakfast. Last Friday, out of curiosity, I bought a jar of PB2. Saturday, with great trepidation, I added a tablespoon of it to my morning oatmeal, while it was cooking up. And it wasn't bad at all! So I did it again on Sunday (Monday - Friday, I have breakfast at work so I can't really play).
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    this morning, waffle sandwich - 2 waffles, 4 egg whites, 1 slice cheddar, 2 strips bacon; an apple; coffee
  • Limmi
    Limmi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    honl86hdvgtk.jpg
    Protein pancakes with fruits:
    Cottage cheese
    Egg
    Oats
    Vanilla protein shake
    Seeds (chia etc.)
  • Limmi
    Limmi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I usually have porridge: oats, milk, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, blueberries
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Sunday-Thursday

1 cup cheerios
    1/4 cup some other "fun" cereal, currently booberry Maybe Captain crunch next.
    1/2 cup whole milk
    10 grams sliced almonds
    1 medium banana (weighed each day)
    10 oz cup of dark roast coffee
    2 tablespoons of coffee mate or similar creamer

Friday and Saturday are my days of and I usually just have coffee and some fruit. Sometimes I make pancakes, french toast, fried eggs, sausage and toast, poached eggs and fruit, cheese and fruit and bread.... whatever strikes my fancy.

• KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to adopt a DASH/plant-based diet so I have been doing the green smoothie every morning after a 3 mile walk. I make it with with 6 oz coconut water, 1 tablespoon chia seeds (soaked 5-10 minutes), 3-4 cups kale (or spinach), ~2 cups fresh fruit I freeze (1/2 banana plus 1/2 cup each: apple, pineapple, mango). I also add a tablespoon of organic unsweetened coconut flakes. Yum!!!

Once in a while breakfast is hot oatmeal: I go for 1/4 cup steel-cut oats cooked in almond milk and topped with a few chopped apple bits and Stevia. It makes a ~3/4 cup portion.

• KeithEnglewood
    KeithEnglewood Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Two egg omelet with tomato, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I am very, very boring. In the warmer weather, my breakfast (eaten around 11:00) is usually cottage cheese with pumpkin and nuts or cottage cheese with chopped veggies topped with sriracha. Once it gets colder, I like oatmeal with pumpkin and protein powder.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am very, very boring. In the warmer weather, my breakfast (eaten around 11:00) is usually cottage cheese with pumpkin and nuts or cottage cheese with chopped veggies topped with sriracha. Once it gets colder, I like oatmeal with pumpkin and protein powder.

This may sound like a daft question, but we don't really 'do' pumpkin in the UK: I have some tinned pumpkin (I give it to my dog, but it's regular Libby's pumpkin). How much should I put into my oatmeal?

ETA: I mean for taste, I don't expect anyone to work out my calories LOL!