I can't do this and get nothing in return!

Options
I AM NOT HAPPY!!!!!

I did my weigh in today. It has been two weeks since my last weigh in. Not good! :(

I have been working my butt off for this last two weeks. Eating right and denying myself everything I love! Counting every single little thing I put in my mouth. Right down to gum. I have been exercising every single day. And not just for 10 or 20 minutes. I work out for about an hour a day. The problem? I DIDN'T EVEN LOSE ONE FRICKIN POUND!!!!!!!!!!! I measured as well and there is nothing to be proud of there either. Not to mention, my neck and hips got bigger.

I can't do this! I just work this hard and get no pay out from my body. I'd rather be able to eat the things I like.
Understand, this is not a diet for me, it is a lifestyle change. But a good lifestyle like the one I have been living is supposed to have positive output. Where's mine?

This sucks!!! The day will be so difficult to get through, I will be crying on and off all day. And I can't share my weigh in with my hubby because I feel so embarrassed and humiliated.

I just can't believe this! I felt so sure that I lost weight. I am SO angry at my lazy fat body!

UPDATE: I also want to include that I DO push myself. I don't do a moderate workout. I do elliptical and strength training.
I also do not track sodium and sugar because I just found when I do so, there is nothing left for me to eat. I am a picky eater and don't like a lot of veggies. And can't eat too much fruit because of calories. I also make sure to drinks lots of water just in case my sodium intake is high.
I have been most focused on calories, fat and carbs. I also make sure to get lots of fiber and protein.

Replies

• nikkialexander828
    nikkialexander828 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way! i completely understand. feel free to add me if you want and maybe we could give each other pointers and tips and whatnot.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    well u say its lifestyle change then you should be adding in the benefits from exercise and eating right despite no loss on pounds or inches...if your angry at yourself its probably because you feel you could or should have done more..try to push yourself this week and watch everything even sodium and log 100% accurate...its just a very long process we all get frustrated but there is no timeline....eat the foods you like in moderation and be happy dont make this process miserable....from your diary I see that you dont track your sodium ..im willing to bet its through the roof hence the extra neck inches..
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and it looks like you are under or way under your cals every day try eating a bit more
  • ginapace1975
    Options
    I had the same problem in the past. What worked? If you exercise that much, you need to eat more. It's true!! If you are working out an hour a day, your body needs more calories. Try adding about another 300-400 a day when you work out that much. You will see results! Good luck!!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    DO NOT give up. Always remember YOU ARE WORTH IT. If at first you fail just keep trying and you will succeed.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    sounds like a plateau sweetie...been there done that! Maybe if u change ur workout routine a bit and ur menu. u have to trick ur body sometimes. It worked for me. I still plateau sometimes, but now i know how to fix it. And keep drinking ur water!!!!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking LOTS of water. If not, you're probably just retaining water weight. When I started drinking 8 8-oz glasses a day, the weight started to quickly come off.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Ok, you sound very upset, and it is frustrating to work at something and have no change on the scale. :( It's understandable. You are being too hard on yourself, though - if you're severely limiting your diet, you are going to eventually burn out.

I took a look at your food diary and noticed you're way under on calories most days. What's probably happening is that your body isn't releasing weight because it's afraid you're going to stop feeding it. Also, if you're working out, you might need to take a rest day to let your body repair itself.

I suggest two things: take a rest day, and eat closer to your calorie limit. Try it for a week and then weigh in and see where you are.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I think it takes some people longer to see results. You have to look at this as a long-term change. Your body will change though, and you'll start to feel the health benefits, too. There's just no set guarantee as to when, though. I was hoping to have lost way more weight by now than I have. But I'm plugging away, a week at a time, and I know I'll get there. It's just going to take some time. Don't give up yet. Add me too. x
  • AshSmialek
    AshSmialek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating all of your exercise calories? I noticed in your diary you had quite a few calories leftover every day. Maybe you need to change it up a bit and see what works best for you!
  • cdnswty
    cdnswty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ONE step at a time. Good for you for consistent exercise and healthy eating. Every day you practice that, is one step closer to your healthy lifestyle becoming a habit.
    As far as your weigh in.... Are you eating enough, drinking enough water? Make your you eat your exercise calories. Don't starve your body or it will hang on to everything and will store the fat instead of burn it.
    Most importantly, you CAN do this!!!!! It WILL happen!!!!
    Feel free to add me...
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Well atleast you made your diary open for everyone to see.

Here's three problems I see, you are eating the same thing every day. Which makes me think you probably do the same exercises every day. Not very many people loose weight on a routine. You need to change it up sometimes.

Two, I see a lot of processed foods in there. I know you say you are eating healthy but, just because it's "fat free" or something does not make it healthy. A few things I saw were you eat a lot of cheese, cool whip, and fudge bars. You're spiking your insulin levels with those things. You can't loose weight when your eating high GI items or highly processed foods like that.

Try to eat foods that have a lower GI (glycemic index). Just google it, there are many guides to it. Because I can see with all that plus the bread you are eating, your blood sugar levels are through the roof.

Three, it's been TWO weeks. It took more than two weeks to put on the weight. Don't expect it to fall right off. Keep at it, if you need help, you can message me.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% with everyone who said to eat more. There was one day where your net was only like 300 and you wrote in the notes how you had such a good workout on the elliptical.
    You need FUEL for those workouts! You should be NETTING over 1200 every DAY, and you almost never do. Your body thinks it is in the middle of a famine and is refusing to let go of it's "emergency fat". You need to convince it that there is plenty of good food available to you and that it is SAFE to let it go because you are not going to starve.

You goal is a goal to REACH, not a goal to stay UNDER. there is already a deficit built in, you're not supposed to create one yourself. EAT all the calories they tell you to every day and you will start to lose again.
  • dmaster555
    dmaster555 Posts: 73
    Options
    You are exercising a lot and eating too little.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. You've already taken the first steps toward success. Please don't give up! Look at the success stories here, they really give a person a lot of hope. I just recently took a pause here due to some life stresses but I'm now ready to begin again because I know for a fact that the support here from all the great people truly helps.
  • sophianova
    sophianova Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to keep going with it - I know it sucks, but in time, you will see results! I would suggest that you eat some of the things you like (in moderation), to keep you motivated. I know you were probably expecting to lose a few pounds, but steady wins the race! :) I'm not a personal trainer or anything, but my guess would be that you were putting on some muscle (which weighs more than fat) during your two weeks of intense exercise. Just remember, in the long run, muscle burns 90% more fat than fat. You can do it!!
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try some new forms of exercise? I notice 90% of your exercise is eliptical trainer. If you do the same form of exercise all the time your body gets really good at it and requires less calories to do the same exercise.

Alternate eliptical with bicycling, running, swimming or some other form of exercise that engages other muscle groups.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    This...

and THIS....!!
    I agree 100% with everyone who said to eat more. There was one day where your net was only like 300 and you wrote in the notes how you had such a good workout on the elliptical.
    You need FUEL for those workouts! You should be NETTING over 1200 every DAY, and you almost never do. Your body thinks it is in the middle of a famine and is refusing to let go of it's "emergency fat". You need to convince it that there is plenty of good food available to you and that it is SAFE to let it go because you are not going to starve.

You goal is a goal to REACH, not a goal to stay UNDER. there is already a deficit built in, you're not supposed to create one yourself. EAT all the calories they tell you to every day and you will start to lose again.
    (Robin you're a gem!)

and THIS!!!!!
    Well atleast you made your diary open for everyone to see.

Here's three problems I see, you are eating the same thing every day. Which makes me think you probably do the same exercises every day. Not very many people loose weight on a routine. You need to change it up sometimes.

Two, I see a lot of processed foods in there. I know you say you are eating healthy but, just because it's "fat free" or something does not make it healthy. A few things I saw were you eat a lot of cheese, cool whip, and fudge bars. You're spiking your insulin levels with those things. You can't loose weight when your eating high GI items or highly processed foods like that.

Try to eat foods that have a lower GI (glycemic index). Just google it, there are many guides to it. Because I can see with all that plus the bread you are eating, your blood sugar levels are through the roof.

Three, it's been TWO weeks. It took more than two weeks to put on the weight. Don't expect it to fall right off. Keep at it, if you need help, you can message me.

Are all you need to know. There's plenty of good advice on here...but those three wrap it up in a nutshell. I have a lot of friends like you...who are overweight, grasping at straws...and starving themselves in order to lose half a pound a month (half a pound of pure muscle no less...) or less.

Please...PLEASE listen to these quoted posts. Exercise + starving yourself will NOT give you a healthy, lean body!!! I promise you hun...it will just make you frustrated, angry, depressed...and ready to quit and just dive into your refridgerator. You said you're making a lifestyle change...but in reality, you're just trying to fit your old lifestyle into the new one, and starving yourself to do it. You need to change WHAT you eat...and eat a LOT MORE OF IT!!

If you need friends to help and support you...the two people I quoted above would be among your best choices. I'm also available anytime you need some support...but those two will certainly have it covered.

Cris
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have been pushing myself. Hard.

I don't track sodium because it goes over with breakfast alone. If I tracked sodium I couldn't eat anything. It's like tracking sugar.
    I just ended up finding out tracking those two leaves me VERY hungry.

I am a picky eater. Don't like a lot of veggies. Can't eat lots of fruit because of calories. It's a no win situation.