Feeling inadequate? Read this & feel better!

Options

Replies

• sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    TACOS!!!!!!!
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Love this. Must have a look at my own, hah!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite thread ever!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    Hahahahaha... Thank you to all who commented above and shared a laugh with me. @rabbitjb : no one has ever complimented me on my normality before!! ~blushes~. @robertw486 : I know... it's the tacos... they're provocative! Who doesn't love the mental image of a woman utterly abandoned to the sensual pleasure of eating a taco, meat juices dripping down her chin, cilantro caught between her teeth, maybe even a few crispy tortilla shards scattered about her decolletage? I shall be very careful!

I sat down & wrote this because my sweet cat Maisie was missing and I wanted to take my mind off that predicament. By the end of the day we were pretty certain she was not hiding in the house because we had gone through everything with a fine tooth comb, we had not found her in the garden and we began alerting neighbor's. It was very scary and sad. She is small and shy semi feral Manx we rescued. I haven't had a cat that long, so I am still learning a lot myself. With a very heavy heart I prepared myself mentally to start in the next morning making fliers, contacting shelters, walking the busiest nearby road corridors checking for her body, and canceling the road trip I was supposed to begin today.

Well, last night she walked up to the back door & started crying for food! I guess she really did set off exploring but still found her way home... And, a very nice sounding person on MFP sent me a personal note saying this thread convinced them not to quit! So there was happiness all around.

Thank you to everyone who killed a little time with me here! It is good to laugh.

Hooray for Maisie's return!

2b4417c49b8333e57ef50acbc5a12a142201db7600f95f1ec485ff63442c5d42.jpg
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Loved this! Congrats on the loss!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Where's the cheesecake?
  • winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Love this! But with the fish and chips there HAS to be tartar sauce (for me at least)
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options

@robertw486 : I know... it's the tacos... they're provocative! Who doesn't love the mental image of a woman utterly abandoned to the sensual pleasure of eating a taco, meat juices dripping down her chin, cilantro caught between her teeth, maybe even a few crispy tortilla shards scattered about her decolletage? I shall be very careful!

@scolaris

In the future I would prefer that if you are going to post such forward and suggestive things, please at least do it in private. I'm shy by nature. :)

And I bet your cat came back for the tacos! I'm glad you found her.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! @robertw486 I'm on the road in las cruces eating tacos. MFP just warned me when I closed out my food log for the day that if I keep eating & (not) exercising exactly like today I'll weigh 5 lbs more in five weeks. Egads!
    Tex mex food is confusing to Californios like me. I ordered a breakfast taco this morning in Dallas for the sheer novelty and they served me something rolled up in a flour tortilla that would be called a burrito anywhere else.
    Yes, even the cat likes tacos.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @winnie141 oh yes tartar is always involved but highly diluted by tons of malt vinegar
    I worry this thread is going to get me sent to food rehab. I love food! But I do have other interests too...
    Like... errrr.... drinking! High Desert Brewery has a very fine holiday ale on tap. Mellow little place. I recommend it.
  • kjflaherty
    kjflaherty Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nice post! I've logged for 277 days and probably have eaten 100 cookies. At least.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What a cool post!
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ah this thread just cheered me up and made me smile for probably the first time today :)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    :kissing_closed_eyes: In n Out burgers "Think of the children." <giggling away>
    Thanks for the reality check, OP. And congratulations on a job well done. Hard to believe you did this without detoxing, jump starting or cleansing!! (or did you??) ;)
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I adore your list of those "non-diet" foods! I'm also fairly sure that my personal candy & beer consumption from the past 100 days would be something... out of this world... And I'm not even ashamed. <3
  • zoonaferoza2015
    zoonaferoza2015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How are you doing it... I'm 120 days in , doing stupid things too and STUCK!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread!
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Simply Excellent!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options

5 cocktails. Some involved fruits and vegetables.

ixliboi4jw8a.gif