165+ Lbs get down to 125-130Lbs??? Please post pics!!!

Options
I'm 21 and weigh at my heavies of 165.2Lbs! I would love to get back to pre pregnancy weight(135) or even 125! Anyone in the same boat or has completed that goal!!! I'd love to see pics to motivate me!!!

Replies

• LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    No pictures, but I was 164 and am now 141. Since February I've lost the weight and am trying to lose at least 6 more pounds. I've been calorie counting and doing a little exercise. Calorie counting is the magic key to success.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    No pictures until I reach my goal. Started at 180 and now just under 130. Started at the end of July 2014. It can be done. Just be consistent and persistent. Forgive yourself if you mess up and just start right back again. And of course read the success stories for inspiration.
  • LaNasha88
    LaNasha88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was 174. I am now 115. I don't have before pictures because I was very insecure. Just have a few from when I was pregnant (173 pounds).
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have photos at my heaviest (157) and am now at 127. I'm 5'2" and 59 yrs old. It was not as hard as I thought it would be (it's easier to say that on this side of it). I fasted 2-3 days a week, run 15-20 miles a week. I want to lose about 6 more lbs so I have a little bounce room for the holidays. You can do this. It's been more of a mind thing for me. I had to decide I wanted it more than I wanted to overeat and sit on the couch. It had to be a gut level want it, not a 'wish i was smaller' want it. I had to find those things that were healthy that would fit my cravings for sweets. I had to realize this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. Go for it! You've got it in you. You've done harder things I bet.
  • ycastillo1994
    ycastillo1994 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also 21 years old and my weight is 164lb.... using my fitness pals plus 30 min exercises everyday I lost 4lb in 2 weeks D:
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 years old, 5'2", and I started at 175lbs and am now 125. I want to get down to 110lbs before summer 2016.
    Me at about 172-ish lbs:
    rx7nguecqlfk.jpg

Me at 134.5 lbs (celebrating a healthy BMI):
    daiz9maee66a.jpg

Me at 125 lbs (celebrating single digit jeans size):
    avdwdliehvbm.jpg

This has been a long journey, but so so worth it. Just remember to have faith in yourself and to never give up. :)

• srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Age 54 - went from 178 to 138.

cis8n4u5nb6s.jpg
    f5xbhp2gekfj.jpg
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'4". I started here at 163 and got down to 128/130. ETA...the last pics of my tummy, I know how the one on the left looks. I was trying to get lean enough to bulk and ended up looking a little bleh.

cgq7ex2v7nha.jpg

vizco8a6tyi7.jpg

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you all! This is so inspirational!!!
  • AmericanIdiot666
    AmericanIdiot666 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 48 years old and went from 170 down to 130, with about 5 pounds left to go (trying to get into my old snowboarding pants). The trick for me was calorie counting, and eating very little bread/pasta/potatoes, and of course no sugar/sweets/alcohol. Setting a goal for myself of 40 pounds seemed to make losing the weight seem impossible, and I always failed. This time I set many small 5 pound goals, and did much better.
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    Options
    So how did you all do it? What do you eat/ not eat! And can you lose weight without exercise if you just stay under or at your calorie goal?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    So how did you all do it? What do you eat/ not eat! And can you lose weight without exercise if you just stay under or at your calorie goal?

I ate things I liked. I just logged it all and made sure to stay at my calorie goal. I did learn to eat some new foods that helped keep me on track better, but it's different for everyone. I did not do much cardio but I did lift weights to help achieve the body composition I wanted.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    aes1219 wrote: »
    Was 164 now 134. Goal weight 124?

h8ztjjqxjuef.jpg
    40hwq6fkgunc.png
    gjee1zmmg6z9.png

Awesome work!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    I'm 19 years old, 5'2", and I started at 175lbs and am now 125. I want to get down to 110lbs before summer 2016.
    Me at about 172-ish lbs:
    rx7nguecqlfk.jpg

daiz9maee66a.jpg

avdwdliehvbm.jpg

This has been a long journey, but so so worth it. Just remember to have faith in yourself and to never give up. :)

Excellent!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm 5'4". I started here at 163 and got down to 128/130. ETA...the last pics of my tummy, I know how the one on the left looks. I was trying to get lean enough to bulk and ended up looking a little bleh.

cgq7ex2v7nha.jpg

vizco8a6tyi7.jpg

cnxa8r7h26pz.gif
  • neldabg
    edited November 2015
    Options

I eat whatever I want, as long as it fits my calorie budget. I'm in this for the long term, so I never eat anything just because I think I *have* to eat it. I also don't do cheat days. I don't like the idea of splurging on "cheat" foods in one go. Instead, I give myself a cheat meal or treat nearly everyday.
    However, I do have some restrictions. By personal choice, born out of a dislike for America's fast food culture, I no longer eat out. I stick strictly to home cooked meals. I still eat processed foods, just not as much as I used to, and I'm always on the lookout for healthier/lower-calorie alternatives.
    The first 20-25 lbs I lost, though, I did while pretty much eating candy, cake, pizza, chips, etc., so realize that it really doesn't matter what you eat for weight loss. The quality of my food preferences just changed as I found myself caring more and more about the quality of food I chose to consume.
    I also do cardio six days a week and have a rest day for recovery stretches.
    I highly recommend looking at all the food behaviors and advice out there, and then choosing a plan or combination of eating plans that works best for you. Weight loss is not a one-size-fits-all thing. The only rule you have to follow to lose weight is less calories in, more calories out. Your method of doing that is completely up to you. That's the beauty of weight management. :)
    So, in answer to your question, yes, you CAN lose weight without exercise, but it'll take longer than if you did do some exercise. Time will pass anyways, so that's not necessarily a bad thing, but if you're slightly impatient like me, you'll want to move more to burn more. Haha. I hope that you at least try something before completely ruling out exercise. Remember, exercise is beneficial and doesn't have to be intense or painful; yoga, cycling, dancing, hiking, walking, etc. are all fun ways to get keep active.
  • neldabg
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    neldabg wrote: »
    Me at about 172-ish lbs:
    rx7nguecqlfk.jpg

daiz9maee66a.jpg

avdwdliehvbm.jpg

Excellent!

Thank you! :smile:
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was 191 at my heaviest and 164 when I started MFP this February. Now I'm 140 and plan to get down to 125 or 130. No pictures yet but soon. I eat whatever I want as long as it fits my calorie goal and I exercise but only 2 or 3 times a week. I have 3 kids and work a lot so I don't have much spare time. You can do it!
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    Options
    I was 191 at my heaviest and 164 when I started MFP this February. Now I'm 140 and plan to get down to 125 or 130. No pictures yet but soon. I eat whatever I want as long as it fits my calorie goal and I exercise but only 2 or 3 times a week. I have 3 kids and work a lot so I don't have much spare time. You can do it!

Thanks! I work and have 4 kids to so its hard to find time to exercise but I try to at least 30 minutes on my days of so 3 times a weeks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!