Nurse friends!

Options

Replies

• Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Labor and Delivery RN. Moved from NOCs to Swing Shift. 32hr/wk. add me.
  • Rock2007
    Rock2007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Travel LVN. Going back to school. Night shifter for 20+, now a day walker. Feel free to add me. :)
  • crippcrunch
    crippcrunch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I work in a neuro ICU as a RN. I rotate nights and weekends; 50% days/nights per schedule. I definitely find the schedule challenging, but I just try to maintain my personal goals. Sometimes that means the laundry gets done while I workout at home, instead of going to the gym. Or the house gets cleaned after my workout is complete. I'd love for you any of you to add me :) I am new to MFP and would like to gain so supportive friends.
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I work in a neuro ICU as a RN. I rotate nights and weekends; 50% days/nights per schedule. I definitely find the schedule challenging, but I just try to maintain my personal goals. Sometimes that means the laundry gets done while I workout at home, instead of going to the gym. Or the house gets cleaned after my workout is complete. I'd love for you any of you to add me :) I am new to MFP and would like to gain so supportive friends.

That is a brutal schedule! I don't do well with the flip/flop scheduling. Feel free to add me
  • Tintin13
    Tintin13 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Night shift RN working maternal child health. Sleeping is my biggest problem
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    RN, military, rotating nights/days, 13 hour shifts
  • evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Psych RN here
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    Psych RN here

Our psych nurses/ward send all the violent patients to the med/surg floor
  • ResurgenceAuthor
    ResurgenceAuthor Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am a nursing student if that counts. ☺️
  • cloudberries78
    cloudberries78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im not a nurse, Im a registered Midwife in the UK. I work 13 hrs shifts. Please feel free to add me!
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So what is the secret of success for all you night shifters? I have struggle for years with trying to regulate my intake. It seems as if I'm up 24 hours and eat around the clock. Any ideas? Currently I reset my clock at 4pm when I have my first "meal" of my day.
  • val9471
    val9471 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a Med Surg RN. Feel feel to add me. I also struggle with my fitness and working nights. I am hoping it will get better the more I journal what I eat and how much I exercise
  • mystgrl1604
    mystgrl1604 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Im a cardiac nurse looking to lose over 100 pounds! I work 12.5hr shifts 3-5x/week, with 4 nights per 28 days rota, not including overtime. I fell off the wagon 4 months ago and starting up again now, but when I was on MFP last, I was logging from midnight to midnight no matter if i was doing a day or a night shift. Makes it a bit easier. So instead of having breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks on my diary, I had it 12-6am, 6-12pm, 12-6pm and 6-12am. I lost some weight which I've now sadly regained, but I will be doing it the same way this time round again, and hoping I don't fall off the wagon again.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Trauma ICU nurse. Feel free to add me.
  • massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    LPN here, gave up bringing salads to work, often don't have time to eat it. Planning to bring hot puréed soups so I can drink.Feel free to add me in. Happy 2016!
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Recovery room nurse. I work in a very busy unit with a lot of overflow, usually ICU. Very exhausting.
    Once I cut done to 30hrs I've been able to manage taking care of myself
    And my son, aging mom and sister (recently widowed with 2 kids).
    I've lost 55 lbs so far!! 20 more to go!!!

Anyone can feel free to add me!!
  • ltjgirl89
    ltjgirl89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LPN here - I work in assisted living where we are practically short staffed all the time! currently in the middle of a 4 day stretch of working 12+ hours each day. ready to fit back into my scrubs instead of buying all new ones!
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Not a nurse, but I work as a full time floater for front office, surgical coordination, and medical assisting to a group of colorectal surgeons!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Med/surg, ER - night shift
  • MLPC
    MLPC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    LPN here and college student. Back to school for my RN. Even tho I am 40, I definitely gained the freshman 15 and then some. Feel free to add me.