How long

Options
How long will it take to get from12st 9lbs to 8 and half stone please

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    There's no way to answer that question without more information, and even with information, every body is different. It took me 6 weeks to lose 15 pounds, that's with 1400 calories per day and weight lifting/cardio 5 days per week.
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Aiming for one pound a week loss may be a good starting point.
    You can work out how long for yourself.
    To do that you'll need to eat a defecit of 500 calories a day (mfp can work that out for you, even if you have to tweak the numbers down the track).
    Then just log what you're eating and try to stick to that.
  • kim130562
    kim130562 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im actualy eating 1200 cals and doing 30mins on the treadmill 5 times a week and if i go over on my calories then i do longer on the treamill do you think this is going to work
    Thankyou
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal_act.php
    http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/weight-loss-calculator.html

I use these. Hope it helps...
    The losertown link is my fave because it really breaks it down for you. i do projections 3 months out and it is pretty accurate for me.
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It is very hard when your goal is set in the frame of Time, try to set goals that don't involve an end, like this week I will ..., I have learned that this is a journey, like walking west, if you just keep putting one foot in front of the other you will always be walking in the right direction.
  • kim130562
    Options
    http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal_act.php
    http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/weight-loss-calculator.html

I use these. Hope it helps...
    The losertown link is my fave because it really breaks it down for you. i do projections 3 months out and it
  • kim130562
    Options
    Thankyou that was great x
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    it depends...weight loss really isn't a linear process...there are lots of ups and downs and ins and outs and whatnots...i'm a pretty consistent person where my diet and exercise are concerned, but sometimes stuff happens...it is unrealistic to think you're going to be bang on 100% all of the time...and even if you were, weight loss simply isn't a linear function.

in my experience, it is far more beneficial to focus on the process of being a healthier and fitter you rather than attaching time sensitive goals to what you're doing...as was stated earlier, it's putting one foot in front of the other. also understand that arriving at some arbitrary goal weight is great...but it's not the end...it's not the finish line...it's actually just arriving at the starting line of the true race...and that race goes on into perpetuity. there is no finish line really. focusing on the process of being healthier and fitter can help put that into proper perspective.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    To do that you'll need to eat a defecit of 500 calories a day (mfp can work that out for you, even if you have to tweak the numbers down the track).

This
  • kim130562
    Options

This

• kim130562
    Options
    Thankyou
  • elbrujo53
    elbrujo53 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It is very hard when your goal is set in the frame of Time, try to set goals that don't involve an end, like this week I will ..., I have learned that this is a journey, like walking west, if you just keep putting one foot in front of the other you will always be walking in the right direction.

OH! I love this one...! Thanks Christine...!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You put the hard work in its all up to you
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different and each day will be. You just keep doing it, until you get there. Good luck!
  • kim130562
    Options
    Thanks for the replys all very helpfull and encouraging
  • kim130562
    Options
    Does any one know why next to my profile pic it says iv gained6lbs when actualy i have lost 7lbs ?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!