Thanksgiving workout: yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yes but probably only HIIT inside since it's supposed to be raining. But a special digestion yoga class in Friday
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, so yes I will be working out on Thursday
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill and rack at home, so most likely I'll do one or the other first thing in the morning.
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes. 5k Turkey Trot that morning.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are all awesome and great. I love the dedication in here
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Probably doing something. Light Cardio, take the dog for a longer walk. Perhaps some weights. Lots of time in the AM before going to the In-Laws for dinner.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Maybe. It's a rest day from lifting, but I'll probably take the dog(s) for a run, depends on how lazy I decide to be that morning.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    My fitness center is having a 5k Turkey Trot in the morning so I will be doing that.

I walk for wine :smiley:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be somewhere in the middle of nowhere and am hoping to get a hike in to truly enjoy the sights.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Of course. I love getting up early and working out on the holidays. Probably some hockey at 6:30, home by 9-9:30, bloody mary and football by 11:30.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    Of course. I love getting up early and working out on the holidays. Probably some hockey at 6:30, home by 9-9:30, bloody mary and football by 11:30.

I have to wait until the night game for football.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thursday is a weights day, so I'll be doing weights. I also aim for 10k steps a day, so that will be happening as well.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yup. It's my only day off so I'm going to do an early morning fasted cardio session and maybe some weights..haven't thought that far ahead yet
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have in the past but need an early start on the road this year is a no for me.

I did not have a rest day this week (Sunday) in preparation for skipping Thanksgiving.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Of course, I'll need to double check that my gym is open.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My exercise on Thanksgiving will consist of a marathon cooking session lasting from about 7am - 2pm. No time for exercise Dr. Jones.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I traditionally do the local Turkey Trot 5K first thing in the morning. I don't do extra work just because it's Thanksgiving though...I've done the Turkey Trot forever.

Thursdays are also lifting days, but that's not happening...I'm the cook, so I'll have my hands full.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have wanted, for a few years, to do a turkey trot but haven't had childcare during the race. Next year we may have to make it a mother/daughter thing.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    got a race, so yes