Strength Training...Burn any Calories??

Options
I mean...it has to right? Doing crunches or whatever, I can work up a sweat. How come in the excercise portion for Strength it doesnt add any calories burned...Is there a way to track it? :ohwell:

Replies

• lnjwilliams1432
    Options
    I mean...it has to right? Doing crunches or whatever, I can work up a sweat. How come in the excercise portion for Strength it doesnt add any calories burned...Is there a way to track it? :ohwell:
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
  • mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Heck ya you burn calories - type in strength training under Cardiovascular section to add the calories burned - you can really get your heart rate up when lifting weights, doing crunches, push-ups and so on...:flowerforyou:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Not only does it burn calories, but it has a residual calorie burn once you've finished AND by building up lean muscle you'll actually be increasing your resting metabolic rate! :)
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :sick: I haven't been putting my weight training in as cardio...
    I didn't realize I could or SHOULD.
    Now I have 200 extra calories that I am in no way or shape to consume. Guess it's time for a juice! Haha.
  • lnjwilliams1432
    Options
    I ALSO DIDNT REALIZE THAT YOU COULD ENTER STRENGTH UNDER CARDIO...DUH, WHAT A CONCEPT HUH?!?!? MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE TRIED THAT B4 POSTING....SUCH A TARD SOMETIMES. :laugh:
  • lnjwilliams1432
    Options
    OK SO I JUST TRIED ADDING IT UNDER CARDIO...BUT IT JUST PUT IT ON THE STRENGTH LINE WITH NO CALORIES...WEIRD???
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    you can go to www.fatburn.com and see if its a way to track it
  • SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i enter my workouts as calisthenics. the strnegth training line shows much fewer calories than strength training.

let me make sure my definitions are correct -

calisthenics - push ups, lunges, crunches, leg lifts, squats, etc....

strength training - bicep curls, tricep curls, etc.... things with weight added right??????

i've been doing the FIT TV workouts and they vary with cardio, aerobics and strength training all in one program so i figure its best summed up as calisthenics.

thoughts?????